Woman doesn't feel like driving the car anymore

Originally published at: Woman doesn't feel like driving the car anymore | Boing Boing

3 Likes

Yikes!

200w

5 Likes

A little searching around this viral video finds it to be from 2016

Did that include “searching” the timestamp on the video itself, which indicates the exact date? :stuck_out_tongue:

9 Likes

Thus proving that “Jesus Take the Wheel” is NOT a safe driving tip.

7 Likes

What’s actually gone viral is a Reddit post embedding a video swiped from Tik Tok, so finding the YouTube original is the “a little searching around” part

12 Likes

but the video says 2015?

1 Like

6 Likes

The story is dated May 2016. Reads like she was on the lam for a while!

2 Likes

That’s the most benign driverless car footage I’ve seen in a while! :robot:

6 Likes

Maybe the vehicle was leased, and the lease had just run out?

4 Likes

Date stamps can be wrong, of course (mine has to be set manually), but maybe cars should default to stopping if no one is in the drivers seat. The computer knows when the seat is empty, maybe put it into park or something.

1 Like

Download (1)

7 Likes

A great illustration of the importance of context! She did after all make the right decision - getting out of the car and not driving is definitely the thing to do when you’re drunk! - but also just a tad too late and thus in rather an inconvenient location.

2 Likes

Drunk woman: “I told you this ‘full self-driving’ nonsense was a crock of shit. Look at what a piss-poor job it made of it.”

1 Like

Driverless but not self-driving. :wink:

Of course the date stamp could be wrong. But it’s there, and there’s no explanation of why it was ignored and 2016 chosen as the date instead. If one is going to flat-out ignore something so obvious, one should say so and explain why.

oh, yeah. i remember the last time i used foot. wheeee!
PSA: “foot: not even once.”
shit’ll boot you up!

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.