Woman drowns after petting alligator

image Even the birds know better, so ‘birdbrain’ does not apply.

3 Likes

Crocked, even.

6 Likes

And there I was thinking “alligator petting” was a new euphemism I hadn’t seen yet, but no - just stupidity and alcohol combining for a slightly more tragic than usual outcome.

Sigh.

Maybe we could try to make “alligator petting” a thing?

1 Like

The most surprising part of this story:

2 Likes

The AP story actually said:
“Covert was the third person killed by an alligator in South Carolina in the past four years.

Before those attacks, South Carolina had never recorded a person killed by an alligator.”

5 Likes

Are the authorities sure that she’s dead? Maybe she’s just hiding under a log …

1 Like

Even if one doesn’t know that an alligator kills its prey by drowning it, and even if one can’t clearly see that an alligator is a giant ass monster lizard with huge teeth…

I’ve seen an alligator shred a car bumper like it was made of paper. What would possess anyone to 1) approach one and 2) pet it?

1 Like

Article updated. Thanks!

5 Likes

I bet this is one of those situations where further research would show it happens all the time, but all records prior to 2016 were misplaced when the Secretary of Alligator Affairs was eaten by an alligator.

8 Likes

“Ah! Help me! It’s got my arm!”

“Stop feeding the alligators, Karen! Can’t you read?”

2 Likes

The Swampitis is spreading.

Boooo…
I like it!

2 Likes

Crocodile Alligator tears were shed when that happened

1 Like

…The woman and her husband started screaming for Covert to get away from the alligator because they saw it grab a deer a few days earlier, deputies said.

Covert said “I don’t look like a deer” and reached to touch the alligator when the animal attacked, according to the report. (AP)

Oh, dear. That kind of reasoning—or lack of—sounds like alcohol + mother’s little helpers.

2 Likes

2020-05-07_13-36-02

4 Likes

Wet nails.

Florida has 4 times the population of South Carolina, which may explain the disparity in numbers of idiotic happenings. Given all the specifics of the story though, SC may be aiming for quality rather than quantity.

2 Likes

I think posthumous awards are overrated.

But aren’t both getting bigger all the time?

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.