Woman gets explosion in face while lighting car on fire

To The List!

Newly updated, I note.

13 Likes

I have tried so hard to make my kids understand that gasoline in real life does not behave like gasoline in the movies. It instantaneously creates way more fire than you expect. Unmanageable amounts of fire. Even seemingly small amounts will create a whooshing fireball. I hope they get it.

5 Likes

A friend of mine’s brother had a gas can explode. He wasn’t lighting a car on fire, but leaves. He was scarred for life, required years worth of skin grafts. I cannot tell you how lucky this lady is.

17 Likes

How does a car come back from the first time?

6 Likes

You just buff it out. Come’on you know that!

The paint was bubbled in places on the first go’round, he rattle canned the burn marks too. It look very Mad Max, but the next one did it in, total blazzer in the rear parking lot.

11 Likes

Needs the Tom Scott one: https://youtu.be/nqJiWbD08Yw?t=184

2 Likes

The character I’m curious about is the person taking the video. Are they the owner of the car? Given that it appears to contain the original audio, they remain pretty calm through the whole thing and they linger on the shot for quite a while afterwards without any apparent need to call the fire department. The Fox 2 Detroit article linked to above doesn’t seem to include any further information about who shot the video.

10 Likes

I’d be pretty pissed if I owned any of those vehicles (the one set ablaze or the ones right next to it), if this person calmly recorded the video instead of yelling at the arsonist.

8 Likes

So you started an account… just to complain?

Sorry to hear that “you’re bored;” that said this is a blog, not a news site. We talk about pretty much everything here, old or new…

22 Likes

Well, the car lit up purty good.

1 Like

Didn’t exist when I put that one together (and i tried to limit it to films/tv/music vids) but that would have been a great opener.

1 Like

If it were up to you, you would have wished grave physical harm to this person?

I’ve been pulled down the YouTube rabbit hole of car fire videos before and the one below is a standout. Ladies and gentlemen, if you do any kind of fuel-related repair to your car please get it out of the garage first. Also be sure to keep a fire extinguisher handy.

10 Likes

aka Social Media posting(s)

3 Likes

What is she doing putting her head in the window when lighting the gasoline?

Though the outcome is hilarious.

Gotta give her credit for so quickly going back to gather that evidence!

3 Likes

Welcome to Boing Boing, where last year’s news will be posted three times this week!

9 Likes

My thoughts too. Let’s just film the flames rather than use this communication device in my hand to call the fire service before it spreads. Makes one wonder about priorities.

AND it’s vertical video!

11 Likes

It’s easy to be distracted by the fact that she shouldn’t have been setting the car on fire, and lose track of how much better a job she could have done of the arson, even with the materials she had at the moment of ignition

Put the gas can inside the vehicle! You’re done with that now. You don’t want the hassle of a giant open dribbling gas can during your escape. Leave it here to fuel the fire, destroying it as evidence.

Put it on the backseat with the spout out the window. Turn your back to the car. Flick the lighter just under the spout. It’s going to be a huge scary fireball right next to you, but you’ll keep all your hair and skin, except maybe around your wrist.

Also, don’t do it.

9 Likes

One on each wheel, done.

13 Likes

24 Likes