Woman interrupts school board meeting shouting about masks: "It's child abuse!"

I think it’s more they are trying to find something to latch onto to try to force an end to mask mandates (and ultimately, COVID quarantine restrictions). “Muh freedums” didn’t work for them, so they upped the ante by claiming child abuse. It isn’t going to work, either (else it would have naturally been an issue a year ago), but it will result in a new wave of harassment, performative outrage, and idiots losing their jobs when the videos of them harassing kids and parents go viral…

8 Likes

Yeah. I’m horrified by these sorts of displays. Teachers have no sway with the school board. If this kind of attitude bothers you, go make some noise.

There’s one thing I’ve learned during the Trump era: these types are guilty of exactly the thing they’re accusing others of.

3 Likes

Not giving children masks to wear in the middle of a pandemic is child abuse.

9 Likes

If she actually has kids, wearing that outfit in public is, if not child abuse, at least mortifying and deleterious to their social lives.

After being sued, the legal defense for Carlson was that no reasonable person takes him seriously.

Just read U.S. District Judge Mary Kay Vyskocil’s opinion, leaning heavily on the arguments of Fox’s lawyers: The "‘general tenor’ of the show should then inform a viewer that [Carlson] is not ‘stating actual facts’ about the topics he discusses and is instead engaging in ‘exaggeration’ and ‘non-literal commentary.’ "

She wrote: “Fox persuasively argues, that given Mr. Carlson’s reputation, any reasonable viewer ‘arrive[s] with an appropriate amount of skepticism’ about the statement he makes.”

6 Likes

So now we’re left with unreasonable people taking him seriously…

4 Likes

I bet she do not even know what science is.

1 Like

“Child abuse” is also the basis for the QAnon conspiracy theory (well, child sacrifice could be considered child abuse).

1 Like

There needs to be a prominent warning before every show…

YOU ARE WATCHING FOX NEWS
ANY RESEMBLANCE TO ACTUAL NEWS IS PURELY COINCIDENTAL

4 Likes

What’s pathological about that, is I’ve seen people at GOP/QAnon rallies that now state that, of course, “MSM” news sources cannot be trusted but they include Fox News in that group: that is, you cannot now trust the “news” on Fox News and can only trust what comes after/before the news: Tucker, Hannity, Ingraham. So now, they ignore all actual (or ostensible) news.

3 Likes

Alternatively

“This one paper by a discredited fraud says…”

3 Likes

You don’t like the verbal diarrhea spewed forth from “Tuchus” Carlson?

A class-action lawsuit against Fox News for false advertising, seeking redress of Fox News being forced to change its name to no longer claim that it’s a news organization?

2 Likes

2 Likes

Most people don’t, sadly.

Scientific literacy, statistical literacy, media literacy, etc aren’t really taught here.

3 Likes

Yes, nothing riles people up quite like the prospect of children in danger.

I guess it’s sort of a Godwin’s law for conspiracy theories.

3 Likes

Except they don’t care about the actual children in danger, but some theoretical white children who are being “indoctrinated” to believe outrageous things like the truth.

4 Likes

Yet they still vote for people like Matt Gaetz

4 Likes

I would suggest Tucker finds a nice splintery stick, and a nice, quiet corner somewhere, and sodomises himself with it.

3 Likes

That would be a good start.

2 Likes