Tucker Carlson says kids in masks is "child abuse" and if spotted, "call police immediately"

Originally published at: Tucker Carlson says kids in masks is "child abuse" and if spotted, "call police immediately" | Boing Boing

9 Likes

It’s time to stop amplifying this fool.

41 Likes

This seems like a self-limiting problem. Call the police or CPS when you see a kid wearing a mask; get a reprimand, fine, or jail time for wasting police time and harassing innocent people.

32 Likes

How about we tell Faux news that? The people here reading about this aren’t going to go out and start calling the cops on families with masked children. Faux news viewers WILL. And that’s a REAL problem that we all need to be aware of. Because children are going to get taken away from parents, in some places. And in some cases, people will get hurt or die over this.

So yes, we need to know what he’s telling his viewers, so that we can be prepared to protect ourselves from them. I hate that it’s come to this, but it really has.

56 Likes

I’m not an easily triggered person, but this is getting me irrationally upset. My kids have endured so much and with such grace during the past year. They “get it”, that wearing masks by those that are not vaccinated prevents the spread of the virus and is the reason their grands survived, while other’s did not. Not to mention a parent in their circle of friends, aged 50 with no risk factors, died of COVID-19.

I do not need some conspiracy nut Karen harassing my kids this summer.

Seriously, we’re trying hard enough to resume appropriate kids activities in a safe manner without the added stress of the garbage Tucker is tossing out into the world.

F that guy with a pineapple.

68 Likes

In the very best of circumstances it would. FuckerC’s audience are white enough not to worry, but the people they snitch on will probably be somewhat darker and as @Mindysan33 points out, this will put them in real danger.

34 Likes

I sure hope so…but even as a white family with no specific reason for cops to harass us, I’m not interested in interacting with an officer that’s had a bad day and decides to escalate the situation until CPS can “get it sorted out”.

21 Likes

Yep. Or at least require the dispatcher to take a name and phone#, then find out what the “abuse” is, then warn them that if they call back for the same reason they will be fined, then fine them.

Then go get the pineapple.

18 Likes

Tucker Carlson has hit a new low, if that’s possible

He’s just getting started. He knows Lachlan Murdoch will let him push his white supremacist and pro-fascist agenda as far as he likes.

22 Likes

I suggest a mask for Mr.Carlson. I petition that he must wear it outdoors, and as soon as a camera starts broadcasting.

11 Likes

So gonna need sources on:

1. Wearing a mask isn’t “medically necessary”.

2. Mask wearing outside or anywhere is “dangerous”.

3. Pew survey about mental health

10 Likes

“What an asshole.”

Christ

15 Likes

Someone on twitter pointed out that even false calls to CPS are potentially damaging to families. His call for this action can and will screw up many lives if his viewers follow through. This is dangerous. Hiss advertisers need to be boycotted (again) and the network held accountable. A form of punishment that they actually recognize ($$$) needs to be performed. With prejudice (which is another thing they understand).

20 Likes

western hognose snakes GIF

sorry… couldn’t resist the typo…

27 Likes

Tucker’s really starting to deliberately take advantage of that successful legal defense that no reasonable person would take his program seriously.

17 Likes

It would be nice to think that, but depending on your complexion and your income level, it may not end that way. This is putting out a hit on a significant segment of the population.

30 Likes

Which is very much the point. Most of what Carlson does is a reactionary attempt to drag society further back toward where people like him (cis het white males) got to control everyone else and enforce that control through police and courts. For most of the past 150 years having the police/state put people into the system is a key step of maintining control.

Which is why this is already the case and would be closer to 100% if up to tucker:

27 Likes

If someone DOES take him seriously, and something bad happens, then I’m guessing they’ll have a harder time making that argument again.

17 Likes

I save this kind of response for those who truly deserve it - Tucker Carlson, you’re a dick.

12 Likes

As I’ve already pointed out in the GOP Asshats thread…

15 Likes