Woman lopes on all fours

Fantastic! Now if she can do it in a Bigfoot costume, THAT would be a video.

9 Likes

Are we sure she’s not the next generation of Boston Dynamics?

11 Likes
3 Likes

It’s cool that she can do that and all but I got a Sciatica twinge just watching the video.

2 Likes

Yeah my first thought was “wow they sure started to make them a lot more human looking than the last batch”

6 Likes

With the positioning of her lyrical name, that conspicuous red bar, and the garish music, I do believe they’re presenting her as a Dark Souls boss.

9 Likes

What is the term that means the opposite of anthropomorphic?

4 Likes

yes. it’s a reference to Vordt of the Boreal Valley, a boss from Dark Souls 3 who lopes on all fours in much the same way. i believe that is also the music from that fight.

7 Likes

As a bonus, judging by the trees and stackwood in the video, I’ll wager Karen really does live in a Boreal Valley.

4 Likes

This reminds me of a video-clip by The Jezebels:

The main human quadruped on the video-clip is Kenichi Ito, who holds the Guinness World Record for running 100 meters on all four limbs:

4 Likes

But were all her limbs out of contact with the ground at any one moment?

6 Likes

Toss her a Rubik’s Cube, we’ll soon find out.

3 Likes

Some people take more naturally to the effects of lyanthropy than others.

9 Likes

To see whether she solves it or eats it?

4 Likes

I was thinking how happy the pupper at the end must be to have a human who knows how to run properly.

7 Likes

I c what you did there.

1 Like

My first thought was this has an ASMR feeling. This is how I often run in my dreams. In the dreams it isn’t animal in nature but more like the flat ground is becoming inclined so I use my hands for extra stability. Some people up thread sound critical but I for one would be down to share some rosé with Karen and try some loping in a field.

6 Likes

Call me old fashioned but this looks like a step backwards. Devolution?

1 Like

I thought for certain she was going to face plant on the table jump landing. I know I would have.

2 Likes

She looks very natural doing it, I’ll say that much. I doubt I could be that smooth at that speed.

There was an episode of Nova about a family that walked on all fours in Turkey.
https://www.pbs.org/wgbh/nova/allfours/about.html

3 Likes