Woman neatly hollows out books to store alcohol flasks

Is there an unabridged guide to the Kardashians?

4 Likes

7 Likes

There are a multitude of print runs of Chem Abs (now SciFinder) out there taking up so much shelf space. Surely we can agree to keep some and turn the rest into art,

5 Likes

Shall. We. Build. A. Bar?

10 Likes

In Soviet Russia, book hides in flask!

- Yakov
11 Likes

Well, this is better than hiding them in the toilet tank like I’ve been doing.

6 Likes

I actually wanted to do this after watching the episode, only to get bummed when I found out how expensive medical texts are…

6 Likes

Even the really old editions? It’s not like you need it to be up to date. Amazon isn’t as good for this as remaindered books on sale from your local library or university library. Used book exchanges and ebay are also better sources for old out of date editions people are trying to get rid of.

5 Likes

I was looking on eBay, but I probably also didn’t consider that there aren’t that many books about Lupus to begin with :confused:

5 Likes

I found some contenders on Abebooks for $3 a pop. They don’t have images, so you have to look up pagecount, but it’s promising:

ETA: Apparently Lupus books from the early 80s or so are the most likely to be first editions i.e. super cheap.

2 Likes

When you have to open up flasks in order to hide books - that’s when you really have problems.

6 Likes

Books are mass produced to meet demand. There is no shortage of books. The more books that are purchased for any reason the more books will be manufactured.

2 Likes

Neat. I don’t drink though. I know other people who hollow out books for guns or to store a valuable box.

1 Like

Find your nearest used bookstore (the best are called book barns, book warehouses, big places with too many books in a big space out in the country). You will be able to find something suitably medical and inexpensive enough to have a backup for this important task.

2 Likes

Never change, librarians.

2 Likes

I could not have said it better myself, sir. Absolutely when I get books to craft into flask books I’m supporting print! I can’t afford 1st Editions/rare editions, therefore there’s no danger of me cutting out irrecoverable text.

8 Likes

Thank you, I personally selected the hammer types illustration from the book itself to line the bottom of the cutout to suggest the flask could be the beginning of a road to get hammered.

6 Likes

XD that would be a good one. And seriously, yes, absolutely I take requests. (However The Enabler isn’t thick enough to hold a standard 6 oz. flask; it’s just over 100 pages, to hold a flask it would need to be closer to 440 pages).

You can always email me Kara@SecretSafeBooks.com, and feel free to peruse my Secret Safe Books archive of request-able books.

6 Likes

I sincerely apologize. I should have indicated I was making a joke! There are enough cast-off books for multitudes of these. As I said afterwards, I made one myself as a kid. Yours are beautiful.

Sorry to be too cryptic.

3 Likes

What an adorable gift to enable the secret alcoholic in your life.

4 Likes