Woman pulls gun on McDonalds workers for giving her ketchup instead of jelly

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/12/06/woman-pulls-gun-on-mcdonalds-w.html

1 Like

Well it’s not like you can just use ketchup instead of jelly. And she didn’t fire the gun.

10 Likes

Hahahaha, classic Responsible Gun Ownership! You love to see it. :laughing:

(/s)

25 Likes

Bad guys with guns are stopped by good guys with guns, irate women with guns are stopped by packets of fast food jelly, and all of these idiots would be stopped by reasonable gun regulation. Do I have that right?

20 Likes

I remember a time when the biggest criminal threat at McDonalds was the Hamburglar.

27 Likes

I hate ketchup too. And it’s not like you can reach in and grab it yourself through that little window. Though if she is was in drive through, you can’t line up a gun very well either.

1 Like

We all got our priorities. If you want jelly then by god you want jelly. Hand me ketchup instead and your life is forfiet. Sweet jebus, what a nation of fools we’ve become.

11 Likes

5 Likes

i didn’t even know mcdonald’s HAD jelly.

5 Likes

Tomatoes are a fruit. Ketchup has sugar. Tomato ketchup IS jelly. They should have fired back.

6 Likes

ketchup salad

6 Likes

ill_allow_it_community|nullxnull

4 Likes

I’m not saying she was right,
I’m just saying I understand.

9 Likes

we need a ban on assault ketchup

1 Like

Without pectin it’s just a fruit sauce.

6 Likes

Tough crowd, tough crowd.

8 Likes

Well, as we all know, tomatoes have endogenous pectin, but, tragically, also endogenous pectin methylesterase (PME) and polygalacturonase (PG), which enzymatically cleave pectin. The textural properties of processed tomatoes, with the high endogenous PG activity level, are a result of chemical breakdown of the cell wall material, but also of transformations facilitated by PME and PG. The cell‐wall‐bound enzyme PG catalyzes the hydrolytic cleavage of the α‐(1→4)‐glycosidic bonds in the D‐galacturonan moiety of pectic substances causing pectin depolymerization and thus texture changes. The role of PME hereby is creating the PG‐substrate, demethoxylating pectin. So, if your ketchup recipe were a tad more gentle, it could be a high viscosity jelly.

10 Likes

I think it’s pretty much always been that way. Pervasive cameras and the news-day click of a mouse has revealed what’s always been there; just ask cops gone-astray.

2 Likes

This was the only aspect of this story I found surprising.

7 Likes

"Give my dad the jelly!

4 Likes