Woman rants about free speech as she and companion are made to deboard flight over racist and homophobic slurs: "Elon Musk is the f*cking king!"

8 Likes

Apropos your comment, I recently stumbled across a quotation from Bertrand Russell. :“The man who thinks himself virtuous in fearing an angry God will soon begin to see virtue in submission to earthly tyrants.”

25 Likes

New life goal: get tossed from a flight while shouting out pro-Chomsky rhetoric.

28 Likes

further evidence that elon musk is a terrible person and that we should get rid of fReEzePeAcH entirely!

2 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: Think of the Karens

So they were non-rev? This was a great way to nuke that particular benefit (if not the job itself) for the airline employee who is (heretofore) their friends &/or family. So much for not shitting where one lives.

One of my family members got a stern warning after another family member went on a rant about getting bumped from a flight (which happens, & is also in the non-rev contract).

2 Likes

I didn’t get any of that from the post. Not sure where the idea came from that these folks were on a reduced rate fare. I think the blog post merely states they were reminded of another “free speech” incident of yester year and were offering it up as a contrast. Wearing a t-shirt vs spouting vulgarities.

2 Likes

God, I just booked a trip in early December and past just covid ick this is my worst fear.

Right wing snowflakes being triggered.

Given the timing and whereI would be going to at least the plane would likely have several furries on it to hopefully balance it all out.

14 Likes

But I thought dropping the mask mandate would make these people shut up? /s

You see, thinks we associate with wimmens, such as pink and glitter, mean that someone is an asshole karen. Because wimmins. /s

Kenan Thompson Snl GIF by Saturday Night Live

There are already limits on speech. What platforms SHOULD be doing is having strong moderation in order to protect people from harassment, including a pretty strong enforcement against hate speech. We don’t need to gut the first amendment to do that.

17 Likes

I’m not sure either, but it would seem par for the course to fuck up someone else’s job, someone close enough to them to have provided the tix…

1 Like

You’re going to Chicago for MFF 2022?

7 Likes

I might be…

ezgif.com-gif-m2aker

9 Likes

Ugh, I didn’t need a reminder of those two. Wasn’t one of them running for office recently?

5 Likes

Does this count…?

8 Likes

What, they’re too cheap or are they too poor to fly private?

17 Likes

You found one… well done, I guess. This still seems to be something primarily done by right wing assholes hell-bent on making “a point” :tm:

Also, I vaguely know Lasner, as he taught at my uni for a short while.

13 Likes

The incident stuck in my mind since at the time I thought, given the chance, I probably would have said far worse. One of my great regrets in life is not being quick-minded enough to moon Dubya during his 1st term when his cavalcade unexpected drove past me and he flashed me a big smile.

12 Likes

as all aboard settle in for their flight out of West Palm Beach

It had to be.

2 Likes

Only one example in five and a half years. It feels like there is one every five and a half hours from the far right.

14 Likes

Yep, it’s true.

5 Likes