Woman received Amazon box filled with narcotics and a form from the Drug Enforcement Administration

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/06/17/woman-received-amazon-box-fill.html

2 Likes

So that’s the new Prime Plus. Sweet!

28 Likes

Yeah, I’ll live where she’s living.

11 Likes

strangelove-7

30 Likes

Do you remember when BoingBoing stories had links to the source material?

Pepperidge Farm remembers.

29 Likes

Some people have all the luck. Why I can’t stumble on a bale or find some gold bars on a train. I can guarantee you wouldn’t hear anything about it. Sorry not sorry

8 Likes

You can nod off happily knowing shipping was free.

6 Likes

I wonder what the person expecting the drugs ended up with :flushed:

8 Likes

Then how do we know you haven’t?:smirk:

6 Likes

No kidding

7 Likes

And she told . . .

I’m not really into addictive substances outside my daily pot of coffee, but I could probably utilize them in something like a pill mosaic: It would probably need a coat of varnish once it’s done.

4 Likes

Well these drugs sound pretty horrible, it’s a shame it wasn’t the good stuff — Green flowers, mum & Dad…

I’d like to imagine that instead of a simple swap what happened was an entire chain of packages was misdirected, so instead of just finding this lady’s original order in Texas she has to go through this long fetch-quest / Scandinavian fairy tale type adventure.

“Do you have my potholders?”
“I do, but first I need my artisanal alpaca felt to make a hat so that you can brave the wild forest where dwells the Baba Yaga.”

7 Likes

M’aiq knows many things

1 Like

I don’t get it. Why turn it in? This is like those people who turn in a duffle bag filled with unmarked bills. Keep it! Bank error in your favor!

Also, these meds will come in very hand during the imminent zombie apocalypse.

1 Like

Ah yes, the zombie apocalypse.
About that…

1 Like

What about the zombies? I didn’t miss anything, did I? I just got back to civilization and went straight to bb. I’ve been backpacking in the cascades since mid January. I’m still only on season 6 of the walking dead. No spoilers!

2 Likes

Robert Louis Stevenson and Lloyd Osbourne, The Wrong Box 1889.

I’d turn it in because otherwise they’d eventually figure out what went wrong and come after me.

If the feds come then I’d have more legal headaches than a warehouse of the stuff could fix.

If another organization shows up I’d likely have fewer teeth and working fingers just during their hellos. :skull_and_crossbones: