Woman sues American Airlines for outrageous sexual assault on flight to New Jersey

Originally published at: Woman sues American Airlines for outrageous sexual assault on flight to New Jersey - Boing Boing

16 Likes

I really hope that what is actually happening is that reporting is on the rise.

21 Likes

The perpetrator should have been immediately ejected from the fight; regardless of altitude. What a shit stain.

26 Likes

I had six-month federal grand jury duty. We handed down one sexual assault indictment and it happened on a trans-Pacific flight. Dude was given his Miranda rights and he still freely admitted it because those federal agents do good cop, good cop really, really well.

While riding down the elevator with the gregarious FBI agent, he told me that he had two other pending sex assault cases (different grand jury panels) and both also happened on flights. I was shocked, and very relieved that these agents take this very seriously.

22 Likes

Just a reminder to anyone who was questioning whether this option was needed.

17 Likes

How poor does your self control have to be to not be able to avoid sexually assaulting women for the duration of a plane flight?

• Tons of witnesses all closely packed in around you :white_check_mark:
  • Zero chance the airline doesn’t have your identity on record :white_check_mark:
  • No opportunity for escape :white_check_mark:

Sounds like the opportunity for the perfect crime… :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

6 Likes

implication GIF

2 Likes

This story makes me so angry that I can’t even come up with a good comment. The thought of this happening to my women family members makes me furious. I don’t understand how these people are so freaking broken.

7 Likes

It’s interesting how assaults on women are frequently framed in terms of their being related to someone else-my daughter, your sister etc. How hard is it to see all women as deserving freedom from assault without exception?

5 Likes

One can only hope that the next shitstain that tries this encounters someone who knows a wristlock, or at least ends up with broken fingers.

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.