Man charged with raping woman on United flight released from jail pending an “investigation"

Originally published at: Man charged with raping woman on United flight released from jail pending an "investigation" | Boing Boing

3 Likes

As if air travel weren’t already pretty disgusting these days.

Must point out that this sentence could be read two ways: “She alleged that he then raped her and was said to have been very distressed.”

Women’s Lives Matter.

5 Likes

I’m not sure how rare it is. I did a six-month federal grand jury duty in 2013 or 2014, and one of the indictments requested was for sexual assault on a flight from Japan to Los Angeles. (Inexplicably, the asshole confessed. I also learned from this case just how easily federal agents pretend to empathize in order to get people to talk.)

4 Likes

A British man rapes a British woman on a flight to Britain over the mid-atlantic and “sex attacks on planes are rare but said to be on the rise in the US.”

3 Likes

Must we?

3 Likes

I imagine it would be more common on long-haul flights in wide-body aircraft. Flight attendants really ought to do the rounds and check on people even when everyone is supposedly sleeping.

2 Likes

Both things can be true, and they are related.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.