Woman trying to steal package from homeowner complains loudly when caught

There’s nothing like being loudly indignant about getting caught red-handed to make my sympathy/Schadenfreude ratio plummet.

8 Likes

On the video with the interview, they briefly show the arrest.

2 Likes

Oh wow - what did she do to piss of the accomplice?

1 Like

get caught?

7 Likes

Useless dog, lol

5 Likes

She was at the door, and no way that lady could have stopped them at that point.

1 Like

I would still love him and pet him. Good dog!

4 Likes

Or her… whatever the case…

1 Like

Ah! There we go. Didn’t originally watch the video in the article and just the youtube.

Thanks.

8 Likes

Evidently they like Honey Baked Hams. I tried shipping my old train set from my parent’s house to mine, so my son could have it. The largest box they had handy was from a Honey Baked Ham.

Same here. We filed a police report, had the (temporary) tag number, and gave them the video. Zip, nada.

1 Like

That’s why anything I don’t buy from Amazon (which will usually comp stolen packages), or anything expensive, goes to our PO box. We have a security cam, which may be useful one day if Amazon wants to see footage of a robbery, but cops are not going to go searching for petty crooks.

Ratchets gonna ratchet.

2 Likes

The thief was very clever, sneakily dressed all in black. The white stockings and daylight were her downfall, though.

3 Likes

It’s hard to find trustworthy accomplices, especially during the holiday season.

6 Likes

I would love to market a line of practical jokes that target package thieves.

Ingredients:

• amazon box (or something similar)
  • remote detonator/control kit with app support
  • africanized bees, emulsified dog feces, bank dye packs - one or all three together
  • confetti

This of course has been done before, just not at the scale I’d like:

6 Likes

The thief is driving a fairly nice Cadillac SRX too. Not an inexpensive car, even if it was purchased used.

2 Likes

You don’t seem to understand how this thievery stuff works…

6 Likes

Oh, those are labeled.

Mailpieces must be plainly marked on the address side with “Live Bees” and “Surface Only” or “Surface Mail Only.”

https://pe.usps.com/text/pub52/pub52c5_008.htm#ep183969

4 Likes

Actually know a guy who ever year wraps a box of cat turns in pretty paper with a bow and leaves it in the back of his truck.

4 Likes

I’d prefer one that just sprays liquid-ass after a certain distance or when someone tries to open it.

Pricks like this are usually all about appearance.

2 Likes