Woman very upset about Easter Bunny in church parking lot

I like to run amok with scissors.

3 Likes

I tend to say kzinti when somebody sneezes.

2 Likes

Maybe this is why

6 Likes

I’m just delighted to have heard somebody scream “…not some stinkin’ bunny!”

2 Likes

7 Likes

Well my view of Jesus is probably atypical. I think Christopher Moore’s version is more in the spirit of how I view him. :slight_smile:

10 Likes

Wow, someone clearly needs the dosage on their meds adjusted.

Btw, happy belated Ostara, everyone.

11 Likes

Axial tilt is the reason for the season.
Jesus is the post-hoc rationalization for the pagan celebration.

11 Likes

It’s fiddler crab season!

7 Likes

Nah, he sells papers and beer, at a shop in crouch end:

Well, pretty much every single “Christian holiday” is shoehorned into a pre-existing pagan holiday, usually keeping all its iconography. (Heck, Christianity basically has no iconography in general that wasn’t originally based on some pagan iconography.) Even things like Saint’s Days and minor holidays were based on pagan celebrations.

I’m always really, really amused by those “Jesus is the reason for the season” slogan-spouters, as they’re always referring to thinly-Christianized pagan holidays that existed essentially as harvest or planting festivals related to key points in the year and/or changes in daylight. Might as well say that “crass consumerism is the reason for the season.”

3 Likes

lol @ “then they’re gonna get more preachin’”

seriously lost it.

2 Likes

The security guard’s facial expression in response was just priceless.

4 Likes

Elmer is the reason for the season!

1 Like

Praise the Lightbringer…

3 Likes

Isn’t that what the name ‘Lucifer’ actually means?

3 Likes

The road to hell is paved with good nintendoes.

6 Likes

“Holy Hatred, Cracked Crusader! It’s the Bats-signal!”
“Come on, Bore Wonder, there’s no time to lose! Even now, they might be finishing up and going home… UNYELLED AT! We must RACE to the Martyrmobile! To protect our right to drive all the way across town to be offended at something harmless!!”
(traveling music)

4 Likes

I would ask that you not. It confuses me.

1 Like

That may be. But I think that Christopher Walken played him best. Or would, given the chance.

1 Like