Woman very upset about Easter Bunny in church parking lot

She seems fun at parties.

4 Likes

Hateful poobags who merely pathetic donā€™t overthrow secular progressive societies and institute whoeverā€™s in charge at the timeā€™s version of Theocratic law.

Sheā€™s got a master Vampireā€¦ Is what Iā€™m saying.

I used to see packs of roving nutbag Christians harrassing the shit out of people. It was a fucking gang in Texas. Ropers. Not all those people dressed like cowboys were cowboys. It was some weird shit. They were gang colors. They did gang shit. They looked like the rest of the Western wear peopleā€¦ But that on steroids. They were seriously duded up.

I had two professors in shitty community college who were all about right wing anti Zionist nwo conspiracy and hating the UN and all other religions as wellā€¦ Who were also college professors (and one was a gym teacher). My sixth grade teacher did it too. She was evangelical and a Reagen Republican. All were very vocal about a revolution and overthrow of the US government. And preached nutball religio-political conspiracy shit from the front of the room. Like talk radio does.

They all were reading off the same playbook.

Thereā€™s a whole body of literature. Itā€™s a thing.

Theyā€™re also closely tied to the patriot movement. This makes no sense because they never did. They have been taught from a different historiography. They have been brainwashed into this very bizarro world conspiracy theory laden thing. They have core myths. The FBI keeps actually watching them because Timothy McVeigh was part of the nutbag white supremacist club too.

The tenants are simple. White Power, Christianity, Alt-Nationalism.

Trump and Palin taking over in a violent overthrow of the US government by the silent majority of racist and sexist white people duped by the modern incarnation of the KKK & the modern heir of a Know-Nothing political machine fortuneā€¦ Using some goddamn technique modeled off Hitler and perfected by the CIAā€¦ Plus their ā€˜celebrityā€™? Thatā€™s not a conspiracy theory.

Thatā€™s a sci-fi movie original.

Idiocracy 2. Electric Dystopian Boogaloo.

Puffy orange and screamy? Screaming about God and mexicans and Muslims? These are the inevitable clash of civilizations people. War Hawks. Believe in Armageddon. Believe that itā€™s happening in their lifetimes.

Lots of these people thinkā€¦

Unless you work pretty hard to make it into that 144k people in the rapture, you get to pick between being burned at the stake for your beliefs at some future pointā€¦ or you work with the devil, get fooled by the antichrist, or something like that, and its the fate you just avoided times infinity forever cause you didnā€™t die the right way. Oops. Stakes are high.

Singapore has had penis panics. Itā€™s when they think a witch or warlock is making their penises disappear into their bodies. Huge mobs take to the streets for a witch hunt. People die.

This is remarkably similar to running Amok. A tradition in a completely different place and time. From time immemorial. Prehistoric. No cultural ties.

The difference is itā€™s one person who runs Amok. In a society more like oursā€¦ A bunch of people do it!

Thereā€™s been nutty extreme fundie overthrows of a bunch of governmentsā€¦ as of late. If you havenā€™t noticed. Religious oppression seems to be coming back into style. Thereā€™s people are chatting away now about overthrowing the US government.

If not with an election well thenā€¦ Thatā€™s TBD!

But boy do they have lots of guns and propaganda and not much in the way of food, or jobs, or opportunity.

3 Likes

As Iā€™ve gotten older I only walk Amok.

17 Likes

One can imagine a new holiday tradition, where on Xmas Eve she is invited in to rant at the Xmas tree and Yule log for 5 minutes or so, then given a cookie and a small glass of wine and sent on her way with merry shouts of ā€œHappy Holidaysā€.

Iā€™m calling it Wassholing.

16 Likes

I wonder if any of the clothing sheā€™s wearing is ā€œmingled of linen and woollenā€ or ā€œof divers sortsā€ as proscribed by Leviticus and Deuteronomy?

Leviticus 19:19
ā€œYe shall keep my statutes. Thou shalt not let thy cattle gender with a diverse kind: thou shalt not sow thy field with mingled seed: neither shall a garment mingled of linen and woollen come upon thee.ā€

Deuteronomy 22:11
ā€œThou shalt not wear a garment of divers sorts, as of woollen and linen together.ā€

Speaking of clothing, I hope none of hers ā€œpertaineth unto a manā€.

Deuteronomy 22:5
The woman shall not wear that which pertaineth unto a man, neither shall a man put on a womanā€™s garment: for all that do so are abomination unto the LORD thy God.

2 Likes

give that woman an mj brownie and a vibrator.

6 Likes

Jesus doesnā€™t strike me as the kind of guy whoā€™d drive an SUV and scream at people. Heā€™s probably pretty chill and drives a pickup truck, or an El Camino.

5 Likes

Alternately, heā€™d turn bicycles into SUVs.

1 Like

Iā€™m willing to bet heā€™d do a lot of walking, periodically riding some ass.

4 Likes
9 Likes

Penises disappearing into my body is a bad thing? Surely not!

8 Likes

Some people right? So uptight!

1 Like

ā€œThe Lord abides.ā€ I think thatā€™s in Matthew.

5 Likes

The devilā€™s lies. The only true history is the word of God.

Do you think thereā€™s a way to die that will save you from death? Is there something perfectly good to eat that you canā€™t have for superstitious reasons?

She has a Moses complex. She probably has some wood burned replicas of the Ten Commandments in her crib.

2 Likes

I wish the poison snakes would bite them more.

The books of the bible were chosen by committee, and the earliest major Church schisms were over what got voted the ā€œword of Godā€ and what got tossed out as apocryphal. Canons and catechism are even more selective, even within the Catholic and other Churches.

I agree and am aware of all the examples you cited. In fact, I kind of think you make my point for me. Itā€™s not a book, from which its adherents all cherry pick and interpret to suit their prejudices, that leads to fundies. There is no central delusion that powers the rest. Disbelief in absurdly improbable deities wonā€™t bring an end to the kinds of things you listed. And hey, Iā€™d love to live in a world where everyone realized God is a human invention. But I suffer no illusion that it would solve the underlying problem of violence and hatred distilled here into the woman in this video.

All those things you mention? Yeah, they variously irritate, outrage and disgust me too. But they didnā€™t spring fully formed from the brow of some omnibus of bullshit prophecies and I donā€™t blame everyone who believes in fairies for their existence. Now that said, yes, I want benign Christians to denounce fundies, benign Muslims to denounce militant jihadists and benign religious Jews to denounce imperial Zionism. But I donā€™t lay the blame of violent bigots on the shoulders of the quiet peaceful majority who follow a different theology just because they share a label with over a billion other humans and quite differently cherry-pick and interpret from some of the same texts.

Now, you may feel differently, and I respect that prerogative. But if the goal is to make fundamentalism history, a far more effective way to do that is to make common cause with the benign religious folks against the malign religious folks. It can be cathartic to be angry about religion as a whole, but it wonā€™t fix the problems fundies create.

1 Like

"Do you think thereā€™s a way to die that will save you from death? Is there
something perfectly good to eat that you canā€™t have for superstitious
reasons?
"
no, but I do say a courtesy ā€œbless youā€ when someone sneezes.

1 Like

Boy, she must be REAL fun at the office holiday party.