Woman was unintentionally blowing her brains out, for years

I thought this was going to be a followup to @jlw’s neti pot/neilmed thread.

Incidentally,

Well, this a pretty good description of post-nasal drip (cf @Urbanacus’s post), which can last a lifetime. My father had it, and I never understood what the problem was until I came down with it in my 40s, and I’ve had it ever since. Like @Urbanacus I don’t think it is my brainzz lkkingoottt.

Oh, this is probably not funny anymore:

7 Likes

Having lost the hearing in one ear when the fluid leaked out of the cochlea in a freak accident, I will take this opportunity for a public service announcement:

Sudden hearing loss is always a medical emergency which should be diagnosed immediately by a hearing professional. If you can’t get access then go straight to the emergency room.

I had my situation misdiagnosed by my general practitioner, leading to a ten day delay of the surgery that could have saved my hearing if it happened sooner. When the fluid leaked out the nerves died.

Just hoping to turn the generalized fear that this post naturally causes into something constructive. As far as brain fluid leaks, this diagnosis guide indicates that they might have a salty metallic taste.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.