Woman who quit job gave colleagues "sorry for your loss" candles on the way out

Originally published at: Woman who quit job gave colleagues "sorry for your loss" candles on the way out | Boing Boing

9 Likes

their loss is… our gain?

The last job I quit, and the one after that were our division got bought by another company and half of us left the office, I made origami cranes for everyone.

10 Likes

To quote George Costanza: “Where do you get the ego?!?”

3 Likes

We were just told we have mandatory Tues-Thurs in the office beginning January and no more remote work arrangements effective immediately. I may make some candles soon.

12 Likes

To be fair. That’s pretty funny.

One of the people leaving my old job out up a black and white picture of themselves saying “Gone but not forgotten”. We kept it up.

7 Likes

It’s a good thing she isn’t splitting her time between her business and being a dental assistant, that would just be burning the candle at both ends.

8 Likes

It’s a baller move, and I appreciate it. I would laugh if I was given one.

4 Likes

I could set the building on fire

8 Likes

Cranes. Sweet choice; tiny foil origami unicorns would have played minds games with them.

7 Likes

“My mum thought it was a terrible idea,” Branka said. “Then she saw how many views my video had and changed her mind.”

Narrator: but it was a terrible idea.

I suppose context matters a lot here. If she was well liked, and had been talking to others about starting her own business and had their support, then I can see it going over well. If she had a poor reputation and this is her way to stick it to everyone, then bad idea.

3 Likes

I’d do it, but then everybody loves me.

selena just saying GIF

10 Likes

that is true stephen colbert GIF by Obama

7 Likes

babe thanks GIF

3 Likes

That is stylin’ it out, good for her.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.