Women are flocking to Susan B Anthony's grave to cover it with "I Voted" stickers

Thank you. With all the attention on the Republican candidate, it’s nice that you reminded us Americans of this election’s his and herstorical importance…

7 Likes

This is amazing. Thank you so very much for posting pictures. Truly.

13 Likes

What? I haven’t been following? What’s going on?

More or less. Separate for K-8, public for high school. Dropped history and geography the moment I was allowed to.

1 Like

I don’t know if that would be better or worse.

Probably better; it sounds like more critical thought and less rote memorization.

3 Likes

My Facebook feed is a parade of pantsuits.

3 Likes

George Washington might have been a Makem, or descended from them.

It’s a shame his family weren’t from Newcastle, because we don’t get to call him Geordie Washington.

Other than that, I know Woodrow Wilson’s mother came from Carlisle.

4 Likes

That’s an unusually upbeat cemetery vibe.

Righteous shirt BTW. Mind if I ask where you got it? The one in the pic with you standing next to the cardboard Susan B. Anthony I mean.

4 Likes

feel bad for all the local goths.

5 Likes

Mount Hope Cemetery is a beautiful and peaceful location, very serene.

And, for bonus points, it’s located across the street from a major teaching hospital! (And the county jail is across the street from one of the oldest churches in the city, and the federal courthouse is at the intersection of Church Street and State Street. I love my city.)

Celestial Playground at Shirt.woot

I need to get a new one; my fiancee keeps casting covetous glances at it, and it’s only a matter of time before it joins the cat shirt that was formerly mine.

There’s a suitably dour and depressing Catholic cemetery up on the city’s north side. Don’t worry, they’re covered.

7 Likes

I heard she voted Democrat.

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.