Women grabs phone from Uber driver and rips off his mask after he asks her to mask up

Well, she didn’t steal muffins, I guess?

2 Likes

Somebody please, please tell me she and her car mates have been cancelled for this?

She’s been banned from Uber and Lyft (which has publicly noted this was not on their platform but they are banning her for her unacceptable behavior anyway).

If the ride was booked on her Uber account then Lyft doesn’t have any way using their system to know the names of her companions to ban them. But they may find out and do so at a later time. There is a GoFundMe for the driver - and I hope the women doesn’t try to grab that for herself like the horrible woman in Starbucks.

Dunno if this has affected her employment or business.

3 Likes

Have any criminal charges been brought?

2 Likes

As of right now, his gofundme has topped $41K.

4 Likes

Does anybody know what the background story here is? Obviously she behaved super inappropriately. But both the original video and her response suggest she was being dropped off in an area where (1) She felt unsafe, and (2) she may not have been in the area she asked to be taken to.

1 Like

I checked the twitter linked from the post and the IG videos the rider posted. It looks like they got into the car, then as he was driving away he asked her to put on a mask (the app already informs users that they need to wear a mask for the entire ride.)
I’m not sure exactly what happened next, but when her IG video starts, he is driving into a (assumedly nearby) gas station, asking them to get out of his car. They say they feel unsafe there because they don’t know where they are and don’t know anybody there. (Based on her “explanation” video, the fact that it’s a well-traveled site and in broad daylight, and that they all have smart phones with reception [they are ordering another Uber in the IG video], I’m tempted to call bullshit on that…)
They won’t get out of the car, then he starts driving away again.
I don’t know if the video from the BB post is from after he pulled away from the gas station, but I think so, bc the driver still has his mask on when he pulls into the gas station.
And at some point one of the women sprayed pepper spray on his headliner.

7 Likes

Yeah. Where’s the effing eject button?!!

1 Like

What What!
BriefTallImperialeagle-max-1mb

5 Likes

I was thinking that covid has turned a lot of people into assholes, but then I realized they were always assholes, it’s just that in some cases it’s now a little more obvious, and they have new ways to act entitled.

I was reading a blood-pressure-raising article about people in food service right now, stories about waitresses having customers demand they remove their masks before giving them a tip (or, worse, demanding they bare some other part of their body). Obviously the assholes were giving out tips based on appearance before, but it wasn’t as obvious.

1 Like

Well, she doubled her Insta followers overnight.

2 Likes

How many of them will be willing to give her a ride, though?

6 Likes

Evidently, she’s been at it for a while.

4 Likes

Making SFPD’s job easier. Taped confessions by the defendant are best way to convict. She affirms what she did and that it was intentional. Just the cough was assault. Ripping the mask off was battery. Taking the iphone, attempted robbery. She could be looking at months in jail. And she has very little bargaining power, given her confession.

I can already hear her bitching to her cellies about the unfairness of it all, that she didn’t “do” anything, right?

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.