Taco Bell exec is suing the Uber driver he beat up for $5 million

[Read the post]

2 Likes
29 Likes

60 Likes

Trigger warning for those of us who don’t like seeing video of people being beaten up for real?

28 Likes

Truth and Justice, the American Way.

3 Likes

He thinks the media reaction has been bad so far? He really should google ‘The Streisand Effect’.

Boys, fire up the meme-machines!

32 Likes

Remember what his statement through his lawyer said?

“Mr. Golden accepts full responsibility for his actions and understands the consequences that may occur as a result,” the letter read.

Yeah. So about that…

30 Likes

11 Likes

Call me crazy but maybe he should of thought about that BEFORE beating up an uber driver??

Also when I see Uber Drivers I think “They totally have 5 million lying around”

29 Likes

Douchebro Golden boy needs to be sterilized ASAP.

20 Likes

I mean, godDAMN is it awesome to be rich in this country. SO AWESOME! Beat a plebe? Sue him for knuckle damage. Fired from your overpaid fake job? File a Disability claim! Don’t want to pay taxes? Find one of those advocacy group “charities” that lobbies for lower taxes, and use them to write off taxes until there are no more taxes.

It’s the fucking best!

25 Likes

Seconded. Thats absurdly violent and disturbing…

13 Likes

I am reminded of the character in Neal Stephenson’s book Snow Crash who has “Poor Impulse Control” tattooed on his forehead.

19 Likes

Has Golden considered a career in law enforcement? This lawsuit seems oddly similar to the reports of cops charging people with assault for daring to hit the cop’s fist with their face.

25 Likes

Fortunately, Golden lacks the nuclear motorcycle sidecar.

13 Likes

That’s a…really dickish response. You should be ashamed of yourself.

5 Likes
As a result of the overwhelming media coverage, Golden says he suffered severe emotional distress, humiliation, anxiety and the loss of his job.

Good.

That is all.

28 Likes

Misdemeanor assault and battery? The little piece of the video looks like the passenger is attempting to slam the driver’s head through the side window. Where’s the line between misdemeanor and felony in terms of assault & battery?

12 Likes

Fortunately, Golden lacks the nuclear motorcycle sidecar

Don’t be too sure about that. As of 2 years ago, headline:

Taco Bell Is Going Thermo-Nuclear in Its Breakfast War With McDonald’s

4 Likes

Douchebaggery aside, it is an interesting question: Does someone driving in a California taxi with a camera hanging from the mirror have an expectation of privacy? In the past, before lightweight cheap DVR cameras, he might have had such an expectation. I’d argue that today not so much, but I doubt there is court precedent yet.

This affects me because I have a front facing webcam in my car which records audio, so it captures the conversations of whoever is in my private car.

1 Like