Women should be homemakers and other sexist, anti-LGBTQ, anti-choice stupidity in NFL dunce's commencement speech (video)

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2024/05/15/women-should-be-homemakers-and-other-sexist-anti-lgbtq-anti-choice-stupidity-in-nfl-dunces-commencement-speech-video.html

13 Likes

… wonderful :roll_eyes:

8 Likes

what? i thought NFL players were just supposed to “shut up and play”?

/s

i acknowledge that this guy has free speech, but holy cow people applauded this guy??
as a society, i doubt more and more if we are ever going to make it to a caring, supportive, safe space for all.

27 Likes

Because he didn’t allow it to come true.

Because she’s afraid that she will have regrets if she stops to think about it.

16 Likes

Let’s not overlook the antiSemitic portion of the speech.

28 Likes

He can kick a football. I mean, don’t get me wrong, that is a skill, of a sort. But to suggest that this makes him an authority to dictate to young women that they should give up their lives to submit to some guy is ludicrous. There are women who do choose family life, and more power to them. But it’s not any man’s place to tell them that this is what they must do. God, this makes me furious and (as a father of daughters, including one who would fall into his “degenerate perversion” category) let me just say

Fuck Off Go Away GIF

38 Likes

your two gladiator peas (?) are triggering some veggie tales visions…

9 Likes

Or she’s afraid to express her own opinion.

16 Likes

On the Sabbath no less! Shouldn’t he only play for the Chiefs when they’re playing Thursday Night Football, leaving Sundays as a day of rest?

15 Likes

All graduates from this year’s class should demand tuition refunds as their newly-minted diplomas are now revealed as worthless.

12 Likes

Why is he defending the Romans? And since when is there a law about them? I are confused.

Additional info:

In an odd coincidence, (Leonard) Leo gave Benedictine College’s commencement speech last year, giving a similarly right-wing speech warning of “modern-day barbarians, secularists, and bigots” who are “determined to threaten and delegitimize individuals and institutions who refuse to pledge fealty to the woke idols of our age.”

It sounds like Benedictine College is perhaps one of those that the fascists would not worry about indoctrinating nor being woke. Could be wrong, but it sure seems that way.

21 Likes

You may need to spend more time thinking about the Romans.

11 Likes

People called Romanes, they go the house?

19 Likes

Since Republicans are currently in control of Congress, I guess he’ll be voting Democrat next time? This guy is the poster child for “football helmets don’t work”.

8 Likes

Well, now we know that none of our kids will need to bother researching and applying to that college.

13 Likes

Except he’s a kicker, one of the positions least likely to get tackled. There is a list of seven specific situations where running into or roughing them is allowed. I believe if you were to actually tackle them it’s almost certainly going to be a foul (unless it occurs after they’ve kicked, when they’re trying to tackle a returner, or something similar.)

I suppose if he played another position before he became a kicker (like in college) he could have suffered head injuries then. Or he could just be a bigot, independent of his football activity.

12 Likes

Brain injury does not make you racist, sexist, homophobic or any other flavor of asshole. It makes your brain function less well. Sadly, the vast majority of these assholes have perfectly fine hardware, it’s the software that is for shit.

35 Likes

That’s great if you want to stay home and raise kids. In 2024 that is exceedingly difficult to do with out one partner playing professional football :confused:

The rest of his stuff was just typical conservative punching down.

8 Likes

I see we can add “ageist” to the list of horrible qualities this man is expressing since many people complete their college degrees later in life. Sometimes even after raising a family!

15 Likes

Paging Harrison Butker: the 19th century would like its commencement speech back.
new york school GIF by Vintage 3D

5 Likes