Wonderful cover of New Order's "Blue Monday" played on vintage Casio instruments (video)

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2024/07/08/wonderful-cover-of-new-orders-blue-monday-played-on-vintage-casio-instruments-video.html

3 Likes

By Allan Rose Hill…

I think I posted this gem in the covers thread…

5 Likes
9 Likes

They used ALL the Casios!

6 Likes

This is actually just a flex on how many awesome vintaqe Casio products he owns.

Total humblebrag.

"“Oh, yeah, I can play every part on a different one of my classic Casio synths…”

2 Likes

seth meyers GIF by Late Night with Seth Meyers

3 Likes

Wow, this works… I don’t imagine I’d say the same about a medievalized (or Casiofied) rendition of Fats Domino’s “Blue Monday.”

3 Likes

Thanks to Allan Rose Hill and @Mindysan33 for a couple of great versions of this classic track.

I know that it is a basic requirement of playing music, but I’m amazed that people can keep time; I couldn’t even do that when I was trying to play the Wooden Block in music lessons at school.

3 Likes

This is a wonderful thing, indeed.
But then, almost any cover of Blue Monday will be a wonderful thing.

The Casio video certainly shows just how brilliantly the oriignal was arranged and orchestrated. (Electronistrated?)

Nominating this for the competition.

2 Likes

Screen Shot 2024-07-09 at 14.21.29

I still have my SK-1, bought new, somewhere around here.

:face_with_raised_eyebrow:

Regional copyright thing?

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.