• The snooping squirrel
  • USPS Alex Trebek
  • The duck-billed tree frog
  • The jokes are on dog & child
0 voters
2 Likes

Wonderful thing indeed.

8 Likes

If you haven’t done so yet, go watch a fish drive around in a tiny water-filled car, because that’s this month’s (last month’s) most wonderful thing (on a tiebreaker)! Ah, classic Popkin, this place would be a little less wonderful without you. Here, have some more fish,
fishall
Finally, we can always count on GratuitousFish to float the best posts to the top! :fish:

11 Likes

how-did-you-do-it-homer-i-discovered-a-meal-between-v0-s6k0unbgeeq91-3657693415

What can I say? It’s easy when there’s so many wonderful things out there in the world :grinning:

9 Likes
6 Likes

Just to offset the utterly tragic story i posted in the ‘Fuck Today’ thread.

7 Likes

Definitely a contender to be this month’s winner:

9 Likes
5 Likes

This is it, the 12th contest. One year of mostly all Wonderful Things. Murmurs of disappointment in BoingBoing have died down. Ironically the contest itself has engendered disappointment over its difficult-to-follow rules! Personally, I’m just disappointed in the proliferation of ghost writers lately. So with one year done, and a broken Show Full Post button, and a busier offline life due to stuff (good stuff!), I’m using this moment to bow out. Don’t bother submitting entries for August 'cause I ain’t grading them! Anyone else is welcome to conduct the contest though. I might trash the topic otherwise.
With all that out of the way, let’s vote!

• Porciphone
  • Fruit-cutting sculptures
  • Blue Monday (all Casio)
  • Keanu Reeves
  • Sand circles beach art
0 voters

Not a great quantity of submissions in July, but their high quality make up for it!

14 Likes

Thank you for your service! Good job! Best wishes with your busier offline life stuff!

(p.s. I’m okay with the contest itself ending, if it does. Not everything has to last forever.)

9 Likes

If you want the topic closed after this vote, ping a Leader. Or just reply to me when you’re ready, I’ve had the topic on ‘follow’ all year.

And thank you for your service!

10 Likes

Indeed!

Sad Doctor Who GIF

12 Likes

nooooooo…
David Tennant No GIF by Doctor Who
why’d ya have to use that gif? :cry:

8 Likes

A sterling effort, and a valiant attempt to point out how more wonderfulness is needed on BB (and I agree about the proliferation of ghost writers).
You will be rewarded in whatever your version of Heaven is, I hope.

Thank you, oh wonderful Bunbain.

9 Likes

Damn. I miss one month of the wonderful thing content and the whole thing falls apart :sob:

Thank you for providing this outlet. It’s been a wonderful addition to the BBS.

10 Likes

Kamala Harris Thank You GIF by The Democrats

10 Likes

Thank you all for so many kind words! I don’t think i realized how valued the contest is. Maybe I’ll revive it at some point. Must be the summer season making it hard to focus. Anyway, how about that Porciphone? Contributor Jennifer Sandlin is always good for a wonderful thing. A dancing porciform will be this month’s trophy,
otheranima20
And check out the comments on that post, it’s like a wonderful things conference! And some gratitude for @anothernewbbaccount who brings wonderful stuff to the table with great frequency. And everyone else: the contest would have been nothing without you.

17 Likes