Wondering who's behind those "Jesus Gets Us" TV ads?

I have to admit, I’m at the point where I’m done with the religion. Because as much as I want to believe and want to follow Jesus and be a Christian, my trip home to bury my mother in her conservative christian church has just taught me that I’m light years from where I was as a kid, and these people are light years from me in my beliefs about Jesus.

And then this thing, the “He Gets Us” campaign, clearly a right wing Billy Graham approved style slick ad campaign promoting fascism.

I’m to the point where I’m wondering where God and Jesus are at. If this isn’t how their brand is supposed to be used, why is it working? Why are they rewarding people who do this? What am I fighting for trying to remain a Christian when it’s becoming more and more apparent every day that this religion is completely broken and not worth salvaging? At what point do you say “there’s just nothing left here worth salvaging that different moral codes cover better?”

Because honestly, that’s where I’m at with all this. They’ve done it, in my eyes. They’ve taken and control gatekeeping for christianity. And they can keep it. And wonder why fewer and fewer people believe in their asshole Christ.

9 Likes