Woody Harrelson appears to have jumped on the RFK, Jr. train

Originally published at: Woody Harrelson appears to have jumped on the RFK, Jr. train | Boing Boing

4 Likes

i think it is only disappointing if you care what a celebrity thinks.

11 Likes

I’m disappointed that Scientology only has one in that group. I’d have thought Mike “Health Ranger” Adams would have been a shoo-in.

5 Likes

Unfortunately, Harrelson has always been attracted to crunchy left conspiracism* (now with more nuts!). Eventually he’ll say something in support of Putin.

[* or “conspirituality”, a term I just learned about here]

15 Likes

Harrelson’s family already has at least one connection to the Kennedys: Woody’s dad Charles Harrison was a notorious hitman who once claimed (dubiously) to have killed JFK.

10 Likes

Yah, this was super predictable as said upthread. Harrelson jumped on “raw food” and every other fringe nonsense health/diet schtick.

7 Likes

I guess Woody’s love of drugs only applies to the recreational type.

4 Likes

Yeah, he’s always been a bit nutty. Good thing I don’t, like, listen to anything he says. I like some of his movies.

5 Likes

It was cute in the 1990s when it was just hemp clothing he was going on about, and Mad Magazine did parodies of him for that stuff.

However as so often happens, the fringe beliefs escalate. Now that he’s pushing the antivax agenda that has literally gotten people killed, it’s not so cute anymore.

12 Likes

Actor most famous for playing an idiot - turns out not to have been acting.

5 Likes

OH yeah, I remember that. Especially when most of us at the time knew him as Woody from Cheers who was clean cut and innocent. Classic example of confusing the person with the character (or maybe this was just me.)

Of course when I saw him in Natural Born Killers, it changed my perception of him.

3 Likes

And a personal connection to Mike Pence.

“During his time at Hanover, Pence was a friend of future actor Woody Harrelson, whom he helped prepare to deliver a sermon as part of Harrelson’s ministry studies. Harrelson later told late-night talk show host Jimmy Kimmel that he “‘quite liked [Pence]’ at the time”.[17]

7 Likes

QAnon Anonymous Episode 242: RFK Jr. feat Conspirituality Podcast

We explore the strange heir, political candidate, conspiracy theorist, anti-vaxxer, and swole boy known as Robert F. Kennedy Junior with our friends from the Conspirituality podcast — Derek Beres, Matthew Remski and Julian Walker.

2 Likes

And Woody’s mom’s maiden name was Oswald.

3 Likes

Dude has been a fuckin’ Alt-Med scumbag grifter for a long time.

5 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.