World Politics

4 Likes
8 Likes
3 Likes
3 Likes

Been mentioned before but it looks like the deal is near done. Elections won’t be until 2024 though.

It’s also worth noting that immediately Al de Pfeiffel was ousted everything changed. When Truss was in power more progress was made than in the years before that. This is everyone cleaning up Al’s mess as usual. Notable that it’s been largely out of the papers too. That’s because they’ve been actually doing work rather than briefing their friends in the Oligarch Times against the people they’re supposed to be making a deal with.

You know, grown up shit.

10 Likes
7 Likes
10 Likes

Based on watching DUP MPs in the Commons, I’ll believe a deal is struck when the ink is dry. Their desired outcome appears to be a return to the Troubles.

6 Likes

Well they didn’t want them to end in the first place (they didn’t support the GFA) and they’ve withdrawn support for the Good Friday agreement for the last couple of years so….

Ill Allow It GIF

6 Likes

Kenan Thompson Reaction GIF by Saturday Night Live

5 Likes

Nations agree to curb enthusiasm for military AI before it destroys the world

[…]

The first global Summit on Responsible Artificial Intelligence in the Military Domain, or REAIM, brought representatives from more than 60 countries – including the US and China – to the Hague in the Netherlands to discuss and ultimately sign a call to action on how to make responsible use of AI in the military.

Russia did not participate.

Signatories agreed that AI’s accelerating use means it’s critical to act now to establish international military AI norms, as well as address issues of AI unreliability, how responsible humans should be in the AI decision-making process, unintended consequences of AI use, and potential escalation risks.

[…]

7 Likes

So they’re saying the only way to win that game is not to play?

11 Likes
8 Likes

I wish I could believe them.

8 Likes
6 Likes

b63cab957cddda0211ed03322ec07ef7

16 Likes

I wish more places would do this… I wish America would have ANY kind of paid sick leave…

12 Likes
10 Likes
11 Likes

Christy Moore AND Bernadette McAlliskey!!! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

16 Likes