World Politics

Hehe, after your statement, my brain interpreted both as being the number of F-16s Argentina bought :smiley:

1 Like

South Korea: ‘Okay we have a serious problem with our birthrates. We seriously need to tell people that they can have relationships and have healthy careers or we’re going to go extinct.’

Also South Korea: ‘HOLY FUCKING SHIT THIS SINGER IS IN A HEALTHY RELATIONSHIP WITH A GUY!!! WE NEED TO GUILT THE FUCK OUT OF HER.’

https://www.cnn.com/2024/04/03/asia/karina-aespa-breakup-kpop-intl-hnk/index.html

4 Likes
4 Likes

They bought 24 airplanes. But They didn´t pay for them yet. The American Air Force gave them an used Hercules C-130.

[Milei ratifies Argentina’s alignment with US — MercoPress]

[IMF praises Milei’s achievements but says social and political support needed — MercoPress]

1 Like
3 Likes

Several European countries will formally recognise Palestine soon.

Too late of course, but it’s a start. When can they join NATO?

I also look forward to Palestine’s entry in the Eurovision Song Contest next year. Which will of course not be political either.

5 Likes
3 Likes
4 Likes
2 Likes

There are NO clips online, but now I’m thinking of the episode of Ground Defense Force Mao-Chan where an American Defense Force girl shows up to work with the Japanese Defense forces (all of whom are 8 year old girls, because… well, because)…

This is not the episode with the American defense Girl Carol…

Episode 21 is the one with the American…

I love this anime so hard… it’s so ridiculous, yet so adorkable.

1 Like

Possibly the worst news for OpenAI to hear

3 Likes

regina george mean girls movie GIF

My daughter went through her entire pre-K-12 schooling with very little homework. She graduated as the valedictorian and is now doing well at a large public university where she has lots of homework to do…

3 Likes

It sounds like the competition for limited places in schools has led some school systems to pile on hours of homework, so kids get no free time at all. Whether or not it’s effective doesn’t factor into the decision-making. It stressful for the students and costly for families to pay private companies that supplement what’s taught in school.

AI is promoted as the cheap/free alternative. The promise of letting it do the work to save time and money is undermined when schools fix systemic problems. If teachers and parents can be convinced that a flexible approach won’t lead to an increase in failing grades, the kids should benefit. They won’t need AI to finish their work.

I’d be glad if the root cause of other systemic problems AI is “supposed to” fix could be corrected by thoughtful humans instead.

3 Likes

Indeed very much agreed on that.

3 Likes
2 Likes

Don’t commit massive fraud in Vietnam, I guess!!!

Pop Tv GIF by Schitt's Creek

2 Likes

ETA

3 Likes

It seems they dont believe it is a victimless crime…

1 Like
2 Likes

[Milei se encontra com Elon Musk e oferece apoio para o bilionário em investigações do STF no Brasil | Mundo | G1 (globo.com)]

Mr. Musk is being investigated by Brazilian justice due to the actions of his company X-Twitter during the election period. Penalized by the Billionaire’s situation, Mr. Javier Milei offered help, without being very clear how the president of a country that depends on trade with Brazil could help him in this investigation, without offending its biggest trading partner without causing major diplomatic discomfort.

ETA

ETA

ETA

[Popehat: “Same energy and remarkably similar fashion” — Bluesky (bsky.app)]

5 Likes