World Politics

6 Likes
7 Likes

It didn’t twig for me until I saw he was the founder of “Grameen Bank”, the community micro-lender. I’ll file this under “good things”. Yay, another dictator gone.

4 Likes

Cross post in Israel Palestine war

5 Likes
3 Likes
1 Like
1 Like
4 Likes

Thailand’s Constitutional Court has banned Thailand’s most popular party for allegedly violating the constitution by proposing to amend the law against defaming the country’s royal family. The court ruled Wednesday that the party’s campaign to amend the law amounted to an attempt to overthrow Thailand’s constitutional monarchy.

4 Likes
3 Likes
1 Like

The Nicaraguan Ambassador to Brazil was expelled i retaliation.

ETA

3 Likes
5 Likes
3 Likes

Authorities play blame game as fugitive Catalan leader Puigdemont escapes Spain again
The fugitive Catalan separatist leader shocked Spain by briefly appearing at a rally in Barcelona on Thursday and leading law enforcement on a search and arrest hunt that ultimately failed.

https://www.euronews.com/2024/08/09/authorities-play-blame-game-as-fugitive-catalan-leader-puigdemont-escapes-spain-again

5 Likes
3 Likes
5 Likes

Maybe they should realise “Our political prisoner escaped capture” is really not a good look for a supposedly democratic country.

3 Likes
1 Like
4 Likes