World Politics

Tanzania’s Presdident Samia Suluhu Hassan has denounced the brutal killing of a senior member of the main opposition party Chadema, who was kidnapped, beaten and doused with acid.

On Friday, Mohamed Ali Kibao, 69, was forced off a bus by suspected security agents while travelling from the country’s biggest city, Dar es Salaam, to his hometown Tanga. His body was found in Ununio, the waterfront district of Dar es Salaam, local media reported.

3 Likes

Belgium strongly rejects Hungary’s ‘provocation’ to bus migrants to Brussels
The showdown between Budapest and Brussels over migration policy and the rule of law is quickly escalating.

https://www.euronews.com/my-europe/2024/09/09/belgium-strongly-rejects-hungarys-provocation-to-bus-migrants-to-brussels

5 Likes

Japanese government mouthpiece blames foreign tourists for rice shortage

5 Likes

Aber es gibt keinen Reis

4 Likes
3 Likes
3 Likes
1 Like
2 Likes
7 Likes
4 Likes

A much better article than that other one! Unfortunately its comparative pessimism rings more true.

Luhn urged me to take a copy of the state party program, which was more than a hundred and forty pages long, and ranged far beyond migrant restrictions to include proposals on bringing down energy costs, balanced budgets, protection of the Thuringian landscape, and promotion of “close-to-home tourism.”

Yeah, buddy, who doesn’t want to vacation in Nazi Land?

3 Likes
5 Likes

Hmm… Not sure about that source? I did a search on google news, and it seems to be all coming from right wing sources (with identical headlines, because the right wing has not imagation and are lazy)…

8 Likes

If it’s anything like the English Daily Express it is not reliable.

Maybe on football (for all I know) but not for news.

4 Likes

Yeah, and the fact that we’re seeing the same headline on other right wing outlets… I mean, it could be true, but… :woman_shrugging: Seems like it would show up somewhere else?

Let us know if you see it somewhere else, @KathyPartdeux

4 Likes
5 Likes
1 Like

This goes a little deeper and further than the headline might suggest.

4 Likes
2 Likes
3 Likes