World Politics

14 Likes

Is the continent turning left?

10 Likes

Oh dear, that’ll cost the CIA a fortune for overtime alone.

8 Likes

Fuck nationalism.

7 Likes
4 Likes
3 Likes
5 Likes

Good that they’ve evaded it for now, but writing the black zero into the basic law was a truly stupid move, which shows just how rampantly sadomoneterism has captured the German political class.

4 Likes

And today we’re back. As first pointed out by @Osinttechnical, in an attempt to get developers to change some in-game stats a Chinese player posted an image on War Thunder’s forums earlier this week showing classified military documents. While I won’t share it here, it was a photo of some armament schematics (for a round fired by Chinese tanks), with one of the actual parts sitting on top of the paper.

The post in question was removed from War Thunder’s forums, but I’ve since seen the image reposted, and then deleted, in multiple instances on those same forums throughout the day. It’s now circulating everywhere from Twitter to Reddit, to the extent that Chinese-speaking players have translated the round’s schematics and have been sharing the data alongside the image (though it should be noted most of the information on was already known).

6 Likes

This sounds like the logical conclusion of the old notion that the best way to find a solution to a problem on the internet was not to ask for a solution, but to post an obviously wrong solution and wait for the horde of people trying to correct you.

9 Likes

That’s a great interview technique. Even people who wouldn’t give you the time of day like to contradict you.

5 Likes
9 Likes
2 Likes

The so-called “art” exhibit featured blow-up sex dolls dressed in the modified hanbok and hairstyles resembling the famous Statue of a Girl of Peace sculpture. Unlike the original sculpture, their makeup was almost grossly garish and clown-like, their legs lewdly spread on their chairs. Japan First founder Sakurai Makoto attended dressed as a comfort woman with a yellow bird attached to his shoulder.

The bird on the original sculpture symbolizes peace and freedom, but according to one Japan First party member, their birds, made out of fake banknotes, represented the women’s consent and fair compensation for their services. Attendees could also interact with the dolls by literally blowing one up with an air pump, which Sakurai gleefully demonstrated. (I really wish I were kidding.)

7 Likes
10 Likes

Yes, but blue passports1)! Totally worth it!

1) Printed in Poland by a French company. But still!

8 Likes

Can’t they just buy a blue sharpie?

5 Likes

Hmm. I don’t know whether the UK has already signed their super-duper trade deal with… well, anyone, really. The tariffs might be an issue.

5 Likes
3 Likes
4 Likes