World Politics

Accurate, @BakaNeko?

7 Likes

There are a lot of ‘shit tons’ of stuff there!

3 Likes

Brazil is a big country.

3 Likes
5 Likes

Yes it is.

It is funny because they took a lot of things/info/statistics from local newspapers and research institutes, but the government says that these are just lies, spread by the malicious/pinko press to make Mr. Bolsonaro looks bad.

I think some things can go unnoticed by people abroad. Some characters appearing in this video are known only locally. Another obscure reference/easter egg for people outside Brazil is teh number 64, which would be the year 1964, when the Brazilian military overthrew the elected president and inaugurated a dictatorship that lasted 21 years.

The only part that doesn’t seem to be 100% accurate, at least for for me, is when the “mocinha” asks Elon and the CIA to come here. Hah, they never left this land.

13 Likes

Huh? Seems unlikely?

3 Likes
6 Likes

South Asian country?

I realize that’s not the point, but if they got that wrong, what else is wrong?

6 Likes

I think that some Indian news outlets are known for “breaking” unlikely stories about China. Not sure though.

2 Likes

Glad that wasn’t just me… :thinking:

1 Like
4 Likes
6 Likes

Bored Will And Grace GIF by Cameo

6 Likes

The Times They Are A-Changin '.

8 Likes

We’ll see what the referendum brings. Raul Castro’s daughter Mariela has been a longtime advocate, and rumors that Raul is gay have swirled for a long time. The underground scene in Havana is really vibrant. When I was there in 2019 there were pride flags hanging from windows in different parts of Havana. That was a huge change from even a few years prior.

9 Likes
7 Likes
5 Likes
4 Likes
3 Likes
16 Likes