World Politics

Yes. You have MTG. Can you imagine dozens of MTG being elected or reelected? That is it.

12 Likes
6 Likes

What are the chances that the people who voted for Ciro switch to Lula? I know Ciro doesn’t like either of the two remaining candidates but he is in a left wing party.

9 Likes
8 Likes

I think It is very low.
Ciro spent the final third of the campaign attacking Lula. I believe that voters who traditionally vote for Ciro Gomes have already voted for Lula this year. Ciro lost many votes and saw his prestige wither.

In 2018 PT voters were very upset with him. For after losing the first round of the election, Mr. Gomes washed his hands, did not support any candidate and went to Paris to rest …

8 Likes

Crazy times in Europe.

4 Likes
6 Likes
5 Likes

The usual suspects.

7 Likes

It seems that they don’t want to make the same mistake again.
But, they could have done like Janones who gave up their candidacy before the election but with a compromise with the Workers Party to defeat bolsonaro.

Sorry, no english version.

PDT [Ciro Gomes’ party] asks PT (Workers Party) to endorse Ciro’s proposals and promises to announce support in the 2nd round

The proposals are a program to reduce/eliminate debts from citizens, a guaranteed minium income plan, and a full-time education project.

5 Likes
1 Like

‘I already have a side, don’t expect an omission from me’, stated Simone Tebet.

Simone Tebet and the MDB party are waving to Lula. But they are saying that there will need some concessions to support the candidate. According to the papers, they want Mr. Lula endorses some points of her government program.

Another thing that became clear with this election is how much the so-called liberal right or center right has withered. Several pundits have written articles about how Bolsonarismo ran over moderates, who were left out by conservative voters.

10 Likes
9 Likes

Not gonna link to the story, but here is the Fox News headline on the Brazilian elections…

10 Likes

Im Not Surprised Nate Diaz GIF by UFC

8 Likes

10 Likes

In February Kainerugaba became the highest ranked African military leader to openly support Vladimir Putin’s invasion of Ukraine, tweeting: “The majority of mankind (that are non-white) support Russia’s stand in Ukraine. Putin is absolutely right! When the USSR parked nuclear armed missiles in Cuba in 1962 the West was ready to blow up the world over it. Now when NATO does the same they expect Russia to do differently?” Ugandan officials dismissed the sentiments as personal and not official.

Russian interference? You make the call.

3 Likes
3 Likes

NATO has reportedly warned members that Russia’s Belgorod submarine no longer appeared to be operating out of its White Sea base, where it has been active since July. Officials warned that Russia may plan to test Belgorod’s “Poseidon” weapons system, a drone equipped with a nuclear bomb that Russia has claimed is capable of creating a “radioactive tsunami,” according to Italian media.

Ok, for the funnies:

Megaripples.

1 Like

Is that the one that they showed the graphic of in Russian telly about last March where it was detonated somewhere off Scotland/ Ireland and it inundated all the way to what used to be East Germany? I’m sure it’s nasty but it wasn’t hugely convincing.

I’d be a bit more worried about “tactical” nukes I still think. I’m sure it will be a nasty winter in Europe (and we’ll have no fuel/power at some point but it doesn’t get that cold here) but it will be far shittier in Ukraine than the rest of Europe.

8 Likes