World's brightest flashlight costs $750, turns night to day (video)

Happy Married At First Sight GIF by Lifetime

It can be an instant ‘do not watch’ for me, notable examples being the MrBeast vids i see every time i’m on there. Not that i’d be watching those anyway.

9 Likes

I’d like to have a good bright flashlight. Not that level, but something basically overkill for inside use. I live out in the country now, and the dogs freak out at night fairly regularly. Sometimes if they carry on long enough, I peek out to see what they are yapping about. A light like that would make it pretty easy to get a quick overview of who’s starring in the night’s drama that time.

2 Likes

Why don’t you check out the repository of wonderful things to purchase - the boing boing store!

1 Like

I’m just glad that back when we would sneak out of our bunk at night at summer camp, the biggest flashlight available to the wannabe-prison-guard counselors on night patrol was an oversized Maglite that took 4 D batteries.

2 Likes

That’s not a torch as such, that’s a truncheon.
How bright it might shine is a secondary consideration entirely.

3 Likes

the one good gag. I hate that movie. (sorry)

1 Like

honestly, this post/video made me kindof think the same. I don’t want to take out a loan to buy a 3kg death ray flashlight, but would be nice to find something good.

So I browsed through the 1lumen site (the ‘tactical’ stuff seems silly, but their reviews are absurdly in-depth) and picked something for around 25€ off their ‘EDC’ (sigh. It took me a while to realize that means EveryDayCarry) list. I spent 30 minutes there, and now I have opinions on battery types, flashlight UI design and colour temperature.

2 Likes

There’s a category called portable floodlights (at least on Amazon) that seem to be what I’m looking for. About $30, throws light a couple hundred meters, and lots o’ light. Be a handy way of finding out if it’s a coyote or just another king snake the dogs have found.

2 Likes

Thanks, I came here just for this Tucker Carlson balls tanning + fleshlight joke.
I so hoped I was not the one that had to make it.

2 Likes

Including night vision binoculars with double barrels!