World's brightest flashlight costs $750, turns night to day (video)

Originally published at: World's brightest flashlight costs $750, turns night to day (video) - Boing Boing

1 Like

Do not look directly into the operational end of the device.

GIFs by @cackhanded — Melting, a GIF from Raiders of the Lost Ark

14 Likes

World’s brightest flashlight? Now that’s a blast from the past. That was a thing when I was on Facebook. Endless ads for it. Not that I ever clicked one or was actually interested in the topic let alone buying one.

Only flashlights I currently have are for finding cables etc in a dark environment without disturbing people so not the brightest and definitely not wide beam.

For lighting up larger spaces I do have flat panel, colour temp adjustable LEDs, but I can’t imagine a use for a very bright flashlight.

Maybe one time I should have clicked one of those ads to discover what I needed one for.

6 Likes
8 Likes

… maybe in a “lost injured hiker” or “sailor overboard” kind of scenario :helicopter: :thinking:

4 Likes

I know someone who bought one.

HO8LKao

Just sayin’.

5 Likes
6 Likes

… “pew pew” :roll_eyes:

3 Likes

14 Likes

The only reason a private person would buy a flashlight this bright is to annoy others.

13 Likes

I was thinking rescue work for night time accidents - for first responders and or in lieu of a flare possibly.

2 Likes

Walking down a road at night shining that thing ahead of you might not be the safest way to demonstrate it.

3 Likes

Why would I buy this when I can get 100 NEXTORCH 2,000lm Rechargeable Flashlights for less than half the money at the boing boing store?

12 Likes

Look, Batman wants you to bother him if there’s crime to be stopped. (It should really come with the cut out though.)

4 Likes

I’ve ordered the Tucker Carlson Testicular Tanning World Brightest Fleshlight.

3 Likes

We have a stack of Harbor Freight led lights that they give away occasionally or they’re less than 2 bucks and take 3 aaa batteries.

They’re great for hanging in tents or on a picnic table or walks to the bathroom whenever we’re camping.

We have a relative that’s into anything that says tactical, he doesn’t have that flashlight but he does have one that can signal the moon.

We were out on a walk in the woods on a full moon night, very easy to stay on marked trails once your eyes adjust. Unless of course he pulls out that very bright flashlight, kind of kills your night vision. Put that thing away.

This is that Harbor Freight light.

These are also from Harbor Freight and make great nightstand lights when we supply tents for company at the campground.

5 Likes

… he should’ve gotten the red one :red_circle:

3 Likes

Well yes, why do you think I want one? :laughing:

Of course the annoyance I’d like to inflict isn’t worth $750 or even $75 worth, so I guess those people who can’t find the “low beam” switch on their oversized novelty vehicle will remain safe for the foreseeable future.

That’s probably for the best for everyone potentially involved, really.

5 Likes

I hate the click bait thumbnail culture of YouTube. I hate it so much.

This is actually an informative video, but you wouldn’t know it from the photoshopped image that has nothing to do with what really happens.

He even explains in the video why what is shown in the thumbnail can’t ever work.

10 Likes

I hate it too. There are people who see that image and think “wow, I’ve got to see that!”, only to get disappointed when it never happens. Then there are people like me who see it and think “that’s obviously fake, this video is probably going to be a waste of my time” and miss out on any actually interesting content because they didn’t want to take a gamble on whether the thumbnail is the only part that’s garbage. Everybody except YouTube’s awful algorithm loses.

9 Likes