World's greatest corncob stripper

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/05/01/worlds-greatest-corncob-stri.html

6 Likes

Yeah, a knife works pretty good too.

4 Likes

I found my new go-to frighteningly-suggestive gif…

5 Likes

Why is all the corn on the ground, papa?

6 Likes

Gauntlet’s on the ground.

It’s Friday, which means I have two days.

My drill press is out of reach, but my daughters have the hand drills and jigs. No routers yet. We’ll see what happens…

3 Likes

I guess that’s good if you’re more interested in corn cobs than the actual corn.

10 Likes

When you can’t find toilet paper because everyone’s still panic buying…

7 Likes

This is way easier:

7 Likes

That’s pretty clearly well dried field corn, like you’d use for corn meal or to feed chickens.

A knife isn’t doing shit there. I’ve seen a hammer not do shit there.

8 Likes

My mind went there:

18 Likes

Oh, shuck it off baby!

9 Likes

Awwww, shucky-ducky!

1 Like

I shall name her… Maizey, and Maizey shall be her name.

10 Likes

Oh, got it.

Mine, too.

7 Likes

Actually, not to be contrary, but the world’s greatest corncob stripper is a guy named Randy Husk in Ohio. He works afternoons at Big Pete’s All Male Revue and people pay a lot to see the corncob.

It’s better than others and he has the t-shirt that says World’s Greatest.

12 Likes

Yeah, again with the headlines.

I’m disappoint…

5 Likes

old school version separates the cobs and corn

7 Likes

That looks like a fun and novel way to do it, but frankly just using an old dry kernel remover would be much faster.

But the best way is to sit around with your friends and do it by twisting your hands in opposite directions while holding the cob, all while telling each other lies, drinking beer, and pretending it isn’t vaguely suggestive. Yes, I grew up in the middle of nowhere, why do you ask?

15 Likes

In my mom’s city of Wichita, the Cowtown historical museum has a similar old school apple peeler/corer. Pretty neat.

3 Likes