Would-be Ukip leader hospitalised following "altercation" ("punched by a colleague")

Well, that’s fine then. Nothing to see here. It’s not like these guys are asking people to take them seriously as leaders of a major military power or anything.

‘MOST competent’, I think you mean.

From http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-37561065

Asked about speculation that Welsh UKIP leader Neil Hamilton could be installed as interim leader by the party’s national executive committee, Mr Farage said: "Really? Well we’ll have to see about that won’t we.

“I do not see any prospect of that horror story coming to pass,” he said, adding that Mr Hamilton “doesn’t do our public image a whole host of good”.

4 Likes

I’m sure there’s sighs of relief in the Labour camp that someone else has taken the “biggest laughing stock in UK politics” crown that they’d previously been flaunting all summer.

4 Likes

Maybe UKIP are on to something. Trial by combat to select the party leader.

4 Likes

John Prescott Is going to get re-elected so he can be the next Labour leader?

3 Likes

This how the “Aledged” puncher appears in the European Parliament…

to quote Blackadder’s Prince George “All man, with a bit of animal mixed in”

1 Like

Yeah, I think you missed the boat on that one by about 40 years:

1 Like

In an excellent example of nominative determinism, the alleged puncher’s name is Mike Hookem.

1 Like

But, if they pair off and fight to the death until only the leader remains, won’t that just leave the party with one member?

4 Likes

Twelve minutes since you posted this, and I’m still sat here trying to think of a downside.

8 Likes

Nato looks weird to me, and my autocorrect won’t even accept it. Unicef looks perfectly normal, and Nasa is questionable but acceptable. Ukip looks wrong.

Nabisco, Geico, and Yahoo all look reasonable to me, as do scuba, and gif. Asics, Ikea, Amoco, Matlab, and radar look questionable but acceptable. Fema, Fica, and Aamco look wrong.

I don’t really think there is a set rule for this sort of thing.

1 Like

Don’t blame me bro, they’re not my quotes.

1 Like

I’m not taking advice from anyone who says “pin number” or “ATM machine.”

4 Likes

I’m certain that @daneel is right.

Some of us remember what Neil Hamilton was like as an MP. For those who don’t, he fucked up so badly that he lost a Conservative safe seat.

1 Like

Yeah. And who ended up there? Fucking Gideon.

1 Like

Like I said, Conservative safe seat.

That’s my point. He’s not actually particularly competent at all, he’s just the cream on a very rancid vat.

Ps he was actually MY MP, I grew up in Tatton, which, as you say, is pretty rampantly Tory.

2 Likes

I would note that there are things other than cream that tend to float to the top.

1 Like

Mike? Is that you?

1 Like