Would you buy a $28 bottle of "unfiltered Hot Dog Water"? Some people in Canada did

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2018/06/23/would-you-buy-a-28-bottle-of.html

8 Likes

I love the tildes over the O’s. It’s all about the little details, especially when you’re trying to get the buyers at Goop to take on your product.

17 Likes

Reminiscent of Spinal Tap. (I don’t know how to type n-umlaut.)

Nitpick: There are no uncooked hot dogs.

16 Likes

16 Likes

I’m only here to voice appreciation of your username, Lord Fourmyle of Ceres

5 Likes

Pfft. Hot dog water clears and sharpens the mind; we already knew this in the early 1980ies.

7 Likes

It’s not often you see something so very, very nauseating, while remaining rather funny o.O’…

5 Likes

The cuisine reminds me of a radio DJ in the 80s whose cooking prowess consisted of Wiener-Water Soup.

5 Likes

Of course the troll will be trolled when Oscar Mayer/Kraft Heinz turn it into a real product.

7 Likes

Do they have any with ketchup?

6 Likes

I live in Canada and if I saw this stand I’m near 100% certain I’d purchase one.
I’d never ever consider drinking such a thing, but that is performance art i’d gladly support for $30.

if it is stable it is a conversation piece worth it’s price-tag.
if it is unstable it is a take home science experiment for the kids to hypothesize, observe and record about.

also, really this is art following life, the vegan version of this is a real thing…

17 Likes

Silly me, I always pour the water in the sink - I could have been rich by now!

(My online translator of choice insists that the foodstuff on the right is called black salsify, which somehow feels wrong.
Salsify just sounds too much like a verb to be a proper noun.
“Did you salsify the new customer’s account yet?”
“Can’t talk now, I’m in the middle of salsifying a batch of unobtanium.”
“You need a permit from the zoning commission if you want to salsify the driveway.” )

8 Likes

Wait… does it follow that asparagus is vegan hot dogs?

5 Likes

Depends on your sense of humour…

3 Likes

It is funny and absurd that someone would buy this. But while it’s entertaining and gives one a sense of superiority to dupe unsuspecting “foodies,” millions of people are hoodwinked into buying sugar filled cereal, energy drinks or any of the food in a gas station mini mart. Expensive health trends are surely suspect, but standard everyday fair has a greater deleterious effect for society and people.

3 Likes

Wow- I’m trying to imagine how the conversation to the tattooist went for that one. " you know I came to you because you do detail. I really want to get a picture of a man stretching his asshole open on my chest but I want it to be realistic so I came to you. Can you do it?"

The mind boggles

5 Likes

Dave Barry wrote a column making fun of his first-grade teacher for trying to scare off his classmates from drinking Coke. The first day of school, she tied a string to a piece of steak and suspended it in a bottle of Coke. At the end of the week, she pulled out the now-steakless string and told the students that, “If Coke does this to a piece of steak, imagine what it does to your stomach.” The next week, one of the students brought in a piece of hot dog, tied it to a string, and suspended it in a bottle of Coke. Nothing happened. Week after week, the hotdog looked exactly the same. At the end of the school year, the teacher just had to throw the whole thing out as they cleaned up the classroom. Dave Barry said the moral of the story is that because hotdogs are made out of guts, the hotdog was a better test control than steak for the effects of Coke on your stomach.

Your bottle of hotdog water may indeed be a museum piece.

4 Likes

You know, if I was going to pull this off, I’d have gone with “Weiner Juice”…

The tildes make it a little too fancy.

7 Likes

Well, I’m calling B.S. on the product being labeled as hotdog water. Whenever I’ve seen a tank of hotdog water in a gas station, it was barely even translucent, let alone clear.

5 Likes

Fresh Squeezed, Locally Sourced, Fairly Traded.

8 Likes