Would you buy this 3-foot-long croissant for $67 USD?

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2024/06/21/would-you-buy-this-3-foot-long-croissant-for-67-usd.html

7 Likes

The entire city of Dubai seems designed to be a clip joint for rich idiots obsessed with social media, probably operated on the backs of slave labour.

Your anger at this wasteful spectacle isn’t irrational in the least.

16 Likes

Post contributed by Jennifer Sandlin

7 Likes

Seeing as Dubai mostly wants queer people like me dead, nah, I’ll skip the stupid-sized breakfast, thanks.

16 Likes

No.
Now, a one metre croissant for €60…
Maybe. Not in Dubai, though.

6 Likes

now that’s web design

6 Likes

But is it pronounced kwah-SONN?

6 Likes

As far as late stage capitalism, I’ll take my overly large crate of relatively tasty croissants from Costco at $5.99 USD, because Nyah nya nya nyaa nya…

2 Likes

Only if it’s from…

7 Likes

4 Likes

I don’t get it :woman_shrugging:t3:

4 Likes

I get some awesome crossaints from a local boulangerie, recently the baker has made pistachio cream filled, sour cherry, strawberry and vanilla, and they even do a rainbow one for pride.

None of these cost more than £2.50, and I only end up eating half :smiley:

5 Likes

I was thinking your answer was Frawnce, and it brought to mind Simone.

5 Likes

I still have no idea, but that’s fine, we’re good :+1:

4 Likes

I think I’ll just have a baguette with my coffee.

06xp-baguette1-cmzg-articleLarge

5 Likes

How can you carry that with your coffee?

8 Likes

On the one hand, I’m never going to set foot in boring-Disneyland-with-the-death-penalty-and-slavery Dubai and this is grotesque, performative wastefulness for the Instagram rich (and faux-rich). On the other hand, I want to eat the giant croissant. Sure, it might kill me, but I still want to.

5 Likes

Pas-de-pitié-pour-les-croissants1

5 Likes

69f4d7d7-9ff3-4cab-8199-ab7de0e85459_text

Withnail no fing way

3 Likes

Betteridge’s law says… No!

4 Likes