Would you dare to ride this "beyond expert" bike trail through the woods?

Originally published at: Would you dare to ride this "beyond expert" bike trail through the woods? | Boing Boing

6 Likes

I would dare, dare to walk it, that’s it.

13 Likes

This looks incredible!

2 Likes

Being a non-expert myself, I would not. But even if I had achieved Beyond Expert status, I think I’d still avoid it for fear that the trail would be obstructed by the scattered bodies of mere experts who had foolishly come before me.

14 Likes

There are lots of extreme sports where I like the idea of it but will never get there – squirrel suit base jumping, climbing Everest, that sort of thing – but I swear I hit four trees just watching this.

14 Likes

I have enough scars, thank you.

4 Likes

I’d be vastly more impressed by a vid of the guy riding that route uphill.

2 Likes

Can you not feed -1 into play speed? Easier than maintaining 4m long legs to maintain the gist of the trail…maybe have a making of video with Geralt and a swamp monster with 6 or 8 4m legs maintaining it…

That seems like like a bike trail and more like an attempted murder of bike riders… I mean, the number of opportunities to get thrown off into disaster, get caught/impaled on logs, lose track of the trail entirely…

2 Likes

Looks like it’s maybe one of the North Vancouver MTB trails.

2 Likes

I lost track of the number of times I got killed/maimed in that video… starting about 10 seconds down the ‘trail’ at that first rocky part…
Damn sure wouldn’t have made it down those tree-trunk ‘bridges’ later on.

6 Likes

Nope!!!

It did to me too but he says near the beginning it’s Iron Mountain in Merritt (BC). Trailforks says the trail is “Upper Revival”

This one is on the North Shore and noticeably wetter. Like today!

4 Likes

The chuckles and joy you hear make this a beautiful video to watch.

8 Likes

Thanks for the ‘My Favorite Trail’ video. The North Shore trail appears to be noticeably faster. Watching it makes my joints ache - that’s why I’m a Roadie! :wink:

1 Like

I’m guessing he knew the NorthShore trail better. I admired his restraint on the Merritt one - live to ride another day. That’s why I’m a stationary - no cars, no bears - and still my joints ache afterwards.

1 Like

nope

2 Likes

How would you handle the jumps? Would you at least give yourself a running start?

1 Like

No, I’d turn around and head back to camp to the comfort of my Whiskey glass.

4 Likes

Cut too soon! I wanted to see him bike back up the trail to his car.

1 Like