Would you put a $300,000 glass sculpture on the hood of your car?

Oh wait—I don’t have a car!

excellent. I’m right there with you, brother.

I absolutely adore Nouveau, but I’m certainly priced-out; and, no car. I’ve been thinking about rigging something to my bike, though. A cheap replica would be great, but there ain’t any.

In this price range you can get it machined. Including buying a 5-axis CNC machine and hiring its operator.

2 Likes

Would you put a $300,000 glass sculpture on the hood of your car?

If I had such a thing, I would sell it to some asshole with more money than sense and do something worthwhile with the cash.

2 Likes

‘repurposed’

1 Like

For me the added bonus is that a friend of mine did drop a Chihuly she was installing in a library.

3 Likes

Actually, the Lalique Chrysis figurine in the picture is one of my objects of lust. Luckily you can get the paperweight version for a lot less than $300,000 - under $800 seems to be the current price. So no, I wouldn’t put it on my car, but I’d definitely put it on my desk, and hang a couple of Edward Weston nudes on the wall. Someday…

I used to put chrome skulls on my valve stems… little bastards would take them.

I mean, really, who pays attention to peoples valve stem covers?

Now, a $300K hood ornament, sure I would go for that; the reason being that if I can afford such an extravagant thing I can afford to pay someone to watch my car while I run into the Kwik-E-Mart.

are you kidding - that thing is BEAUTIFUL. I made a hood ornament for an art car out of one of my wife’s childhood accordion trophies. It would be PERFECT on an orange gremlin.

2 Likes

I’m pretty sure I could manage to mill a metal footer with a 12v bulb in it for well under $299,100

opportunity!

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.