WSJ's 180-degree turn on Harris: From "best Democratic choice" to "not the change Democrats need" in just 14 days

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2024/07/25/wsjs-180-degree-turn-on-harris-from-best-democratic-choice-to-not-the-change-democrats-need-in-just-14-days.html

13 Likes

giphy

23 Likes

I guess Creepy Uncle Rupert has staked his money on Trump and Vance stepping in to help all those poor downtrodden billionaires.

And if it makes anyone happy - it sure put a smile on my face - the Murdoch succession is turning seriously ‘Succession’ - the old scrote is worried that most of his children aren’t nearly enough right wing and shouldn’t inherit News International:

20 Likes
29 Likes

Love the Ross Sisters reference!

6 Likes

I don’t see any contradiction. Both columns are aimed at disrupting the Democratic campaign. He wrote the first one to attack Biden on the assumption that Harris would be an ineffectual replacement. Now that her popularity is soaring, he has to switch to casting doubt on her. WSJ SOP.

48 Likes

This trust legal thing is being helmed by none other than Bill Barr. Imagine that.

10 Likes

This is absolutely the correct analysis. Well done.

28 Likes

Odd since the House is censuring Harris because she didn’t do anything about the border. Or something like that. So much political bs.

5 Likes

Looking at his bio, he is a senior fellow at the Manhattan Institute, a conservative think tank in Manhattan according to Wikipedia.

13 Likes

Karma can be a motherfucker. These asshats torpedoed Biden, thinking it would throw the Democratic Party into chaos. And honestly…I thought it would. Instead, it seems to have created something of a movement.

20 Likes

WSJ in the bag for the GOP? How could it be!

Fry-Im-Shocked-Futurama

10 Likes

At first I read that as “Kamala”. :rofl: Works either way.

17 Likes

Love this part:

a Nevada probate commissioner found last month that the family’s irrevocable trust can be rewritten if Murdoch can prove he is acting in good faith to protect the value of the trust’s holdings.

That $787 million settlement is a pretty strong argument against Lachlan continuing a conservative bent to Rupert’s media empire….

9 Likes

Yes, his next column will be “both of my previous columns are correct”: “I thought that Harris was the one, but then [wharblegarble] happened, and now she should be tossed over the side immediately.”

3 Likes

Did he cite any polls, with breakout, to support that assertion?

9 Likes

Nah, It was probably something like he talked to one Black voter who said that on Monday. That voter brought a friend in to back them up the next day - so now there was a growing number of Black voters saying it.

12 Likes

Another fine fellow:

4 Likes

Newsflash: A murdoch owned rag hates Democrats. In other mindblowing news Trump is old, senile and vaguely smells of feces.

5 Likes

Captain America Lol GIF by mtv

Murdoch hasn’t done anything in good faith since he first took a breath in this world.

7 Likes