WTF? Procter & Gamble files trademark for 'WTF' 'LOL' 'NBD' and 'FML'

They’re probably just planning on re-branding these things.

11 Likes

7 Likes

ORLY men?

6 Likes

Fixed that for you.

7 Likes

Wot, no blockchain? Needs more blockchain. Share price doubles.

7 Likes

Looks like snow. Glad I own Blockchains®!

5 Likes

Sounds like a bunch of BS to me.

7 Likes

They used to sell Sunny Delight up until about 10 years ago; after hearing how that was made, I’ll never drink it again.

Basically, they buy what’s left over from making orange juice, and spread the pulp and rinds on huge mesh sheets, then blast water through it. What comes out the other side is the 5% juice or whatever they say these days. Mixed with lots of corn syrup you get Sunny D.

12 Likes

I thought you might be referring to Sunlight. Mmmmmmmmmmm!

I don’t really have a problem with that, except maybe the use of corn syrup. The dairy industry does some similar things to reclaim usable products from the leftovers of various dairy processes (like cheese manufacture). It is one of the few areas where best capitalist practice (extract as much profit as you can out of your raw material) is aligned with best environmental practice (extract as much usable material as you can out of your raw material). Think of it as a form of precycling.

3 Likes

Sure, but there’s a huge difference between ‘appreciating the frugality of making use of otherwise-discarded raw materials’ and finding something appetizing. Not that I ever liked SunnyD much anyway – why drink ‘fruit drink’ when I could have actual orange juice?

5 Likes

i mean smh Ⓤ

Well played.

How about ‘FP&G’?

3 Likes

I absolutely agree with this. I won’t drink SunnyD, and I’m not a big fan of Velveeta, but both are better than the byproducts just going into the landfill.

Back on topic, when I was a kid the rumor was that Prell shampoo was just P&G’s way of using the byproducts from the production of Ivory soap. (Another rumor was that it was liquified Tide, made by prisoners. For some reason my cohort had lots of dark rumors about household products.)

4 Likes

I can’t speak to either one, but I will say that Mr. Clean Magic Erasers are made out of a Japanese-made foam used for insulation and shipping which someone accidentally discovered was good at cleaning surfaces when moistened.

9 Likes

I won’t drink it cause it just tastes awfui.

4 Likes

Melamine foam. BASF is German, I think, but I don’t know where they produce the stuff.

3 Likes

Does Marc Maron know about this shit?

2 Likes

TL,DR

Post must be at least 9 characters.

1 Like