Wyoming bar sells t-shirts calling for violence against gays

Originally published at: Wyoming bar sells t-shirts calling for violence against gays | Boing Boing

5 Likes

Damn. Just look at that place. They probably got more undiscovered species of bacteria in their bathrooms than Borneo. And that’s just the clientele.

13 Likes

No Lies Detected

Outreach to hate groups like this is as useless as it is to the Westboro “Baptist” Church. Same species of scum.

29 Likes

Nice bar they have there.
Shame if something happened to it.

44 Likes

FTA:

One of Wyoming Equality’s followers commented on the Facebook post and suggested the group contact alcohol distributors to “see if they are OK with working with an establishment selling these types of items.”

The organization responded, “Our friends at the Human Rights Campaign are helping us with this.” HRC, the country’s largest LGBTQ advocacy group, did not immediately return a request for comment.

Here’s hoping any distributor who does business with this hate group is identified and boycotted until they don’t.

The bar’s owner, Raymond Bereziuk, has not returned a request for comment, but he told The Cheyenne Post on Monday that the shirts are sold out and he doesn’t plan to sell any more. He added that he is “in the bar business, not the apparel business.”

Hopefully his decision to get into the hate business will adversely impact his bar business.

41 Likes

It certainly is a nice building.

Came to post that they’ve stopped selling the shirts but I see @GulliverFoyle already got there.

13 Likes

Eagle’s Nest, eh? Some name, given that the thing looks like it’s on pretty flat terrain.

24 Likes

A definite shortage of windows.

Now, maybe the interior is polished and clean, and they don’t want the sun shining on the sports screens in the afternoon, but drapes and blinds can take care of that, so more likely it’s a dark smelly mancave. (The kind with sublegal transactions going on in the corners.)

4 Likes

There is a certain flair to the name, I assume referring to a certain German compound made famous in an Iron Maiden song? Or a fascist wet dream of same, anyway.
(Actually, I think it may be Austrian, but not googling it right now.)

10 Likes

Also a good Richard Burton/Clint Eastwood movie, which is where I think Maiden got their inspiration from.

16 Likes

Can someone enlighten me on the grammar here?

Is that 'n a shortened and like in rock 'n roll ?!

2 Likes

I’m gonna go out on a limb here and say that they’re probably not big on things like grammar or words.

8 Likes

I am pretty sure you are right … if it was an “and” they are also missing at least one comma…

5 Likes

Ah, I see what you did there.

5 Likes

Ugh. Coors.

11 Likes

I’m sure that it’s just a coincidence that the bar shares its name with The Kehlsteinhaus, a Third Reich building erected as a gift to Adolf Hitler for his 50th birthday.

13 Likes

16 Likes

Right. It’s always some unfathomable coincidence when this happens with people like this. /s

7 Likes

It looks like a converted Der Wienerschnitzel.

17 Likes

It looks like the kind of place that Harry Redfern would want to have pulled down and had rebuilt with big windows…

7 Likes