At least 3 women were kicked out of a bar for confronting Harvey Weinstein

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/10/25/look-at-this-comedian-call-out.html

6 Likes

downright rude

Yes, god forbid that anyone be rude to him …

42 Likes

If Harvey is looking for friends, maybe he can hang out with Ellen Degeneres. I hear that she doesn’t mind being friends with people who have different views than she does.

37 Likes

Humans actually hang out with that scumbag Weinstein? He must be paying big bucks for their time…

25 Likes

He belongs in prison.

30 Likes

Guillotine images, Kirstjen Nielsen and Stephen Miller being heckled in restaurants, showing contempt for critics of the “They Live” billboard of the “president” in Times Square, snubs of Mitch McConnell at a memorial service, now this. Oh, the incivility of it all. [drops to fainting couch]

46 Likes

you can go to google maps https://goo.gl/maps/qzBAcKkjS29ZeaJa9 for downtime bar and leave a review :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Good for all the women who spoke up. Every time he shows up in public, someone should walk up to him and tell him how disgusting he is.

31 Likes

The question shouldn’t be “is no one going to say something about this filth being here?”…I’d have called over the manager and asked “So how good is your business going to be when I explain the clientele you invite in your doors?”

Maybe the manager/owner does something, maybe they don’t. But it would quickly let me know if I want to continue coming to that place or not.

10 Likes

Must feel great to be judge, jury and executioner.

Both clutching pearls and fainting couches are available for order at Amazon!

24 Likes

Fuck that. People aren’t holding Weinstein criminally responsible for committing the crime of rape. They are holding Weinstein personally responsible for raping people. If your friend decides to clean out your apartment you can’t circumvent due process to put them in prison, but you aren’t fucking obligated to have them over for dinner while they await trial. Social opprobrium is a parallel process to the courts. Weinstein apparently needed reminding of their pariah status, and I’m glad they got it.

50 Likes

This is not a trial and he’s not going to jail. yet. Expelling him from polite society is a consequence of him regularly and with impunity raping women.

48 Likes

Freaking%20hell%20yes%20_e7be3d5dbe31dd8611dce0cab2d3071c

21 Likes

Oh, I missed the part of the story where one of the three women killed Weinstein. I definitely agree that deserves being kicked out of the bar.

If I were the manager and I was called over to that table to deal with the woman berating Weinstein I would have asked her, “Has this man been bothering you, miss?” It’d be Weinstein that got kicked out. And the fucking story would be Weinstein gets kicked out of a club for harassing women. Because who’s going to believe that asshole.

30 Likes

weinstein has the right to go anywhere and have a few drinks… just as other people have the right to call him a rapist piece of shit to his face. If he wanted to be left alone may i suggest an option?

29 Likes

12 Likes

“…trying to find some solace in his life that has been turned upside down.”

Won’t someone think about how all this affects Harvey? /s

21 Likes

an environment where everyone feels welcome

Thats certainly a capitalists’ dream, isnt it? Maximize sales, serve anyone who comes in…

Yet in the real world, you can’t make Harvey Weinstein and women feel welcome at the same time. When people assert their membership in the human race and remind you of this choice, don’t shame them for it, that means you’ve made a choice about who is to feel welcome and who isnt.

15 Likes

Leaving reviews for places you’ve never been to is ridiculous. The bar rented out their entire venue for an event.