Harvey Weinstein hit by Los Angeles prosecutors with 2 new sex crime charges, hours after his rape trial began in New York

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/01/06/harvey-weinstein-hit-by-los-an.html

3 Likes

screenshot-www.google.com-2020.01.06-13_21_01

24 Likes

20 Likes

24 Likes

I was just reminded about that guy from Discovery Channels Son of Guns, and looked it up, and he is serving two life sentences for Aggravated Rape. And I am like, why is that not a thing for people like Brock Turner? Because the victim wasn’t a minor?

Maybe one can argue a life sentence is too harsh for every rape case, but it certainly shows a huge difference in sentences for rape. And it certainly makes you question why so many get off so light. Maybe Louisiana just has harsher penalties?

But back to the case at hand, Weinstein probably should be in prison for the rest of his short life.

2 Likes

Dude is going to be showing up in court in an iron lung next.

30 Likes

btw, Ronan Farrow’s “Catch and Kill” is outstanding.

8 Likes

I find no fault with casting Baraka as Weinstein.

Nor, I suppose, with casting the Liu Kang in the role of the public.

5 Likes

I fear he may have contracted a nasty case of affluenza.

8 Likes

I just hope he doesn’t get a case of Epstein neck. He needs to face justice.

7 Likes

12 Likes

You all beat me to it. Pictures of him with first a cane then a walker are reprehensible.

4 Likes

Ok I can’t resist

12 Likes

Hell, we should go back in time and toss him in jail in the 60’s.

With Bill fucking Cosby.

8 Likes

Particularly considering that there are pictures of him gallivanting about (outside of court) during the same time period, able to get about quite well without any assistance…

4 Likes

12 Likes

Wouldn’t it be better to focus on the cases already brought up so the trial can be finished at some point? Adding new accusers will only prolong the process as his defenders will presumably demand time to prepare additional defense.

Oopsie. The thing I like about karma is that yes, it does elude a lot of terrible people, but when it doesn’t - it really doesn’t.

Note to W’s team: by now this warrants a wheelchair with an IV drop and an orchestra playing a requiem, perhaps along with a small child going “will daddy be alright?”

7 Likes

Just had a great idea for Kill Bill 3…

Surely, Uma Thurman will want in.

3 Likes

It’s funny how big shots end up thinking they’re above all consequences.

Nothing like having your name go from “a random guy in movie credits” to “keep this guy away from your daughter.”

1 Like