Xitter celebrates one year of Musk management

Looks like it may be undead, which is even more apt

3 Likes
2 Likes

There’s something a little menacing about having an SNL video on an Elon Musk article. Oh, sure, this one is fine…but we know what’s out there. :grimacing:

2 Likes

THat was a fun read.

Has Musk actually done anything during the past year except for shittering all over Twitter? He used to “run” a bunch of different companies.

3 Likes

Animation Talking GIF by Mashed

2 Likes

He lit the world’s biggest spliff on 4/20, with catastrophic consequences.

4 Likes

“Musk Management”

You spelled “Mismanagement” wrong!

:+1::blush:

2 Likes

Sounds worse than a broken glass onahole.

6 Likes

I’ll think I’ll stay with the Nationwide, and vote against any attempt EM makes to take over (I don’t expect him to).

I will not voluntarily give a penny to EM.

4 Likes

This is some seriously delusional shit. Who’s going to trust their money to “X,” aka broken-Twitter? (That thanks to Elno, has ever-more serious problems with tr0lls, fraud and impersonation.) Sure, you won’t need a bank account… until your account randomly stops working or someone defrauds you of it, or Elno decides he doesn’t personally like you and kicks you off the service, or…

Trying to turn a micro-blogging service into a banking/financial app still strikes me as buying a car because you want a boat. It’ll cost more money, work less well (and never properly function as both) than if you just bought or built a boat in the first place.

He can’t even manage a micro-blogging service, so who would be dumb enough to buy into this? (Even assuming he got it working, even assuming he correctly identified what kinds of financial services people need - neither of which I believe he’ll ever manage.)

Surely you mean seven years ago? I mean, I haven’t checked in since he made the promise they’d be available in 2016, so I’m assuming Tesla drivers have been hands-off-the-wheel since then. I bet they work really well, now.

Why not all of the above? (But mostly not actually working.)

Oh boy, a whole new set of regulations for Musk to ignore!

Also Elno tried to shut down Paypal, the only working bit of the company (that he ended up with through a merger).

It seems impossible, but a bunch of banks were willing to hand over billions of dollars to help him buy Twitter when they knew it was wildly overpriced, and they knew he didn’t have a coherent plan for what to do with it or how to make it profitable enough to pay back what they were lending him, and they did it all without any guarantees that he’d pay back the money (by, e.g. having Tesla stock as collateral). Seems like the richer you are and the more money you ask for, the less scrutiny is given to the deal.

Pretty sure it’s now a synonym.

6 Likes

The bank executives who made that genius decision are not the ones who deal with the mechanics of running a bank (customer service, transaction processing, IT, security, fraud prevention, regulatory compliance, anti-money laundering measures, etc.).

3 Likes

banks were willing to hand over billions of dollars to help him buy Twitter when they knew it was wildly overpriced, and they knew he didn’t have a coherent plan for what to do with it or how to make it profitable enough to pay back what they were lending him

Banks investments aren’t particularly closely regulated, as long as balance sheets are sound and they comply with things like the community reinvestment act. But that’s because Dodd-Frank allowed investment firm activities in regulated banks who’d previously been banned from that. But the CFPB and FDIC have spend a ton of effort in the last year cleaning up false advertising and malicious actions from crypto exposed banks and funds, Elon Musk’s crazy ass is NOT going to get them to reverse course.

3 Likes

But maybe it can serve briefly as one! :slight_smile:

5 Likes

8 Likes
6 Likes

Twitter: briefly serving as a vehicle for Musk’s ego… until it sinks.

3 Likes

I think it has sunk, and now we are just waiting for the carbon fiber to implode.

8 Likes
2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.