Xitter tries so hard to find offense in Tim Walz's tacos

Originally published at: Xitter tries so hard to find offense in Tim Walz's tacos - Boing Boing

15 Likes

What is a Matt Walsh? :thinking:

25 Likes

From their website:

Remember when your distrust of big city types, and your deep rooted beliefs in paying your debts, respecting your marriage, raising kids willing to serve, honoring your word, and going to church every week had you voting for Donald Trump over Joe Biden all because Biden’s son had a computer? Or how you couldn’t vote for Hillary because she was over-prepared and used emails? I know that to you your actions seem rational and in keeping with your values, but when it comes to voting you are now consistently voting in people who are the exact opposite of you and the values you hold dear.

What does any of this mean? Going forward we would still be glad to have you as customers, but we’re done pretending the Republican Party’s embrace of cruelty, racism, Covid lies, climate change denial, and threats to democracy are anything other than the risks they legitimately are. If you need us to pretend you are not creating the hurt you are creating in order for you to continue to be our customer, I’m sad to say you might be happier elsewhere.

62 Likes
26 Likes

But, when you get down to it, really, what is a Matt Walsh?

27 Likes

“Anti-white racism”? I must have missed the part where Walz said all white people can’t handle spices or, for that matter, where he repeated a negative stereotype of a group he’s not part of.

34 Likes

You know JD Vance? Him, but less successful with more facial hair and less personality.

30 Likes

These snowflakes can’t beat the slightest hint of white people losing their privilege, even if it’s a member of that group making a self-deprecating dad joke about them.

33 Likes

I’m always annoyed when pundit Matt Walsh comes up, since he’s sullying the good name of the actor.

27 Likes

A Matt Walsh is one name for something that when you find that you’ve stepped in it on the sidewalk you seriously consider getting a new pair of shoes instead of cleaning the ones you’ve stained.

24 Likes

26 Likes

23 Likes

Penzey’s is great! We’ve been customers there for years. Not only do they talk a good talk, but they actually take actions. When they found the former name of one of their spices was based on an offensive term, they changed it. (It’s now been changed again, but I can’t find a reason listed.) How many companies would ignore it or actively fight doing something like that?

22 Likes

My assumption is that none of the people or machines writing the posts calling him a liar actually cook because the examples they give from the recipes are onions, mild canned chilies, paprika, garlic powder and chili powder.

Being generous, maybe “chili powder” means something else in different parts of the country, but in MN it’s generally not spicy at all (as opposed to something like cayenne powder).

I’m in the metro and have a hard time finding jalapenos that aren’t as mild as a green pepper, and when I do get a spicy batch it’s like I won the lottery.

20 Likes

They are trying so hard to find offense, when this guy is pretty likable and more of a “regular guy” than I’ve seen on the national stage in a long time.

21 Likes

Came in here to rave about Penzey’s, but of course other boingers already making my case for me. They rock, long time customer.

Also f!ck stickermule, if u can’t stfu about your fascist leanings then enjoy my forever boycott, forever.

17 Likes

Also, I threw out the sickly sweet ‘mule sauce’ stickermule ‘hot’ sauce someone gave me. Sweet as cough syrup, zero heat, zero nuance. Awful. Perfect for whiny ass titty baby white ahole tacos.

6 Likes

White guy’s come in to flavors with respect to spice. The standard ooh black pepper? that’s spicey and then the Please hurt me with your spice, no seriously I want tears of pure capsaicin. Still getting upset about that stereotype? like why?

7 Likes

“How DARE Tim Walz make a joke about . . . uhhh (checks notes) . . . himself!

22 Likes

Reminds me that I need to pick up some more of their Rojo sauce for my tacos…

6 Likes