Xitter tries so hard to find offense in Tim Walz's tacos

Saying she’s leader of the free world means they’ve ceded the election then.

I’m okay with this.

14 Likes

The previously mentioned Green Bean Casserole Taco

5 Likes

of course! carry on, good sir.
secretly making notes on this delicacy for future engagements with spice-averse dinner guests at our own Tday gatherings.

edit: what we do have for tacos for my vegan aunt:

9 Likes

The three main vegan taco fillings I usually do for Thanskgiving are a smoky sweet black bean (think the black beans from Pollo Loco, if you’ve ever had them), a blend of king oyster mushroom and shredded soy curd sheet seasoned with taco seasoning type stuff, and the suprisingly toothsome mix of sweet potato, yellow onion and young coconut marinated with a healthy dose of cumin and lime.

15 Likes

that sounds lovely! mine was a joke. i have no beef with vegan folk (my aunt is, but i would never serve her grapefruit sections as shrimp!).
the dishes you describe sound good. maybe even something Mr. Walz would enjoy, given it not be too spicy!

5 Likes

This all sounds delish… Trader Joe’s sometimes (not always) sells a soy chorizo that is gluten-free (a concern for one of us), but I’ve been using this recipe that, I think, turns out better.
(Free link; there’s an issue with WaPo articles not oneboxing lately)
https://wapo.st/3WRbjgp

7 Likes

The bonus to doing tacos for Thanksgiving means you also get to do leftover Thanksgiving nachos on Friday :rofl::drooling_face::yum:

11 Likes

The classic American chili powder is a mild Tex Mex oriented seasoning, with powdered chilies, cumin, oregano (not Mexican oregano) and salt. Chilies, of course, vary hugely in heat. Other “chili powders” from around the world and the US are simply chilies, powdered, many used in Indian and Korean cooking, for example, are much hotter than most American chili powder.

3 Likes

The Trump fanboys are attacking someone for eating junk food?

9 Likes

ok, i know this is not our food and drink thread, but this cannot be overstated. Mexican oregano makes a huge difference in concocting authentic dishes.

trying to stay our topic, i wonder if this very important ingredient is even available in Minnesota, other than in very specialized markets in the greater M-SP metro? and would Governor Tim have used it in his “white dude taco” of ground beef and cheese?
while i do love all the conversation about our varied tastes in what we all variously describe as “tacos”, let’s keep to the topic and remember that the original dig against Gov. Walz, is a total shitshow of this crazy-ass MAGAt rage against a white guy, chatting with a Black woman about taste, preferences and completely subjective, very personal and intricately involved cultural appropriation of cuisine.
that? is what the racist repubs want to leverage against said “white dude” who has a weak taco recipe?
give me a break!

8 Likes

When I’m at a Chinese place and want spicy, I’m honest about it: “Almost painful, please.” Sometimes we’d hear the chefs laughing when they heard/saw our order. No chef has hurt me when I’ve used that phrase.

My BF put ‘mild’ on an online order for me even after saying I wanted my dinner ‘almost painful.’ He’s too protective, and I was V disappointed. Hunan chicken is sposed to be almost painful!

8 Likes

1I   Pretty sure those are mandarines (tangererines?).

2|   I would totally eat that!

10 Likes

Yeah but that wasn’t junk food, it was a splendid Presidential feast to greet the national college football winners or something.

I have it on good authority that Trump made his catering manager pay over $500 for that spread, and made himself $1,000 in endorsement fees

8 Likes

christ-what-an-asshole

6 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.