Xitter's Yaccarino, less explicitly, says buy some ads or 'go f*ck yourself'

Originally published at: Xitter's CEO, less explicitly, says buy some ads or 'go f*ck yourself'

2 Likes

So much entitlement. No one has to throw any money down the xithole really.

8 Likes

The kind of partners who believe in the meaningful work of turning a social media platform into a Nazi bar certainly exist, but they tend to set a tone for bargain-basement CPMs.

Unlike Faux, Xitter can’t strong-arm carriers into paying for the “privilege” of featuring them.

5 Likes

Just a few days ago Adam Conover made a video about Twitter. I agree with a lot of his takes but in my opinion he continues to overestimate how valuable and indispensable of a service Twitter provides. It’s well beyond salvaging at this point! Just let it burn down!

5 Likes

Not Your Private Army, and they’re not serfs tied to the platform.

3 Likes

And it’s wearing the infamous sign from Die Hard 3.

die-hard-3

11 Likes

Guessing you’re not referring to the version used for TV broadcast:

5 Likes

Soon to be carrying another sign, right outside the bank.

4 Likes

Am I the only one who thinks this sounds weird? I know there’s the “Wall St. and Main St.” idiom, which makes sense because they are both streets. But Free Speech is not a street, it’s an abstraction. It can’t intersect even the metaphorical Main Street, now can it?

5 Likes

5 Likes

“X is standing at a unique and amazing intersection of Free Speech and Main Street”, trying desperately to set it all on fire and wondering why people don’t like us.

They really must be paying her enough to survive only on her exit compensation (plus tell-all book royalties) for the rest of her life.

4 Likes

Imagine being the CEO of a $19B company and being forced by the primary shareholder to tell all your customers to go f&ck yourself.

It’s a good gig if you can get it.

5 Likes

“We’re a platform that allows people to make their own decisions,”

Unless that decision is to disagree with Lone Skum, for example.

But the decision the advertisers are making - and increasing numbers of users - is to get the hell out.

4 Likes

It’s so hard to put an effective diplomatic spin on a fresh and steamy 10-ton pile of shit.

2 Likes

Musk and Yack are still trying to sell it as a valuable feature even after everyone has explained that it is actually an economic liability :confused:

2 Likes

Good point.

And why does Free Speech only exist on Main Street at a particular intersection? Is that some sort of Free Speech Zone? Last I looked, Free Speech was allowed all along Main Street.

One of the warning signs of “weird fashy shit” is an argument that has great emotional flow, but falls apart the moment you look at what the words mean.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.