Yellies toy spiders: "The louder you yell, the faster they move"

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2018/12/18/yellies-toy-spiders-the-lou.html

3 Likes

The perfect toy for an aunt or uncle to gift their favorite siblings children.

22 Likes

Working as designed.

22 Likes

How about a teddy bear that dispenses candy when you stick a fork in a wall outlet, or a race car that follows tracks of human feces ground into the carpet?

13 Likes

Yellies toy spiders: “The louder you yell, the faster they move”

evildead16

6 Likes

Oh, the possibilities for nasty-nice gift giving, all cloaked in the plausible deniability of “…but but but… I only wanted to give Little Darling the must-have toy of the year!”

3 Likes

So sad no one thought to add a link to Lucas the Spider.

8 Likes

I’m thinking my kids might have a stash of these I’m unaware of?

5 Likes

maybe a little electronic spider thats power source feeds off of screams of terror…

Pretty sure that was a Stephen King short story.

3 Likes

I smell a Monsters Inc cross-promotional opportunity here…

5 Likes

My father (a vindictive cuss) used to be fond of giving a drum set to the children of business associates he didn’t like. Seems like a more compact modernized version of that here.

11 Likes

A relative once gave my young nephew a drum for his birthday. I was lucky enough to witness the horrified look on my sister’s and brother-in-law’s faces when the gift was unwrapped.

15 Likes

What a fucking terrible idea!
Only masochists or sadists would buy these for kids.
Just awful.

Destined to overtake the drum set as the most annoying toy to give a small child.

1 Like

Pee Wee Herman’s show used to have a segment where they told the kids watching it to scream at the mention of a secret word. Pee Wee said they had the secret word because he enjoyed the thought of kids screaming early in the morning, waking everyone up.

15 Likes

I just realized my cat works on the same principle. The louder I scream, the faster she moves.

3 Likes

Now, the Evil Genius thing to do is to use it to your advantage. Teach your child that being loud makes the spider run after them, then the next time they’re being too noisy, “Do I hear the pitter patter of spider feet coming this way?”

10 Likes

This was circulating for a while.
vkzs6tq

20 Likes

NOOOOOOO!!!
Too many circles of hell included in that abomination.

5 Likes

I’d figured out “Let It Go” and was playing it on the kids’ recorders, sans book. But then, I’m the kind of parent that might buy Yellies. (Caveat: the pendulum swings both ways and on a different day, e.g. Dec. 26th, I’m as likely to crush Yellies underfooot)

2 Likes